Search Unity

Unity Hub 2.1.0 - Unity Hub window size changes after reoponing said window from the tray

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by APSchmidt, Aug 8, 2019.

1. APSchmidt

APSchmidt

Unity Hub window size changes after reoponing said window from the tray, or restarting it entirely.

First start:

Sans-titre-1.jpg
    Then, each time I close the window from the cross on the top right and reopen it from the icon tray, the size enlarges.

Second time:

Sans-titre-2.jpg
    Third time:

Sans-titre-3.jpg
    Fourth time:

Sans-titre-4.jpg
    After the fourth time, the window comes back to its original size and the cycle restarts.

2. AbrahamDUnity

AbrahamDUnity

Unity Technologies

Hi,

I can't believe we didn't catch that before releasing. I can reproduce it on my machine too. We'll get on that fairly soon.

Thanks for reporting this :D,

APSchmidt likes this.
  3. APSchmidt

APSchmidt

AbrahamDUnity likes this.
  4. AbrahamDUnity

AbrahamDUnity

Unity Technologies

5. APSchmidt

APSchmidt

I found the main-window.json file that contains the supposed dimensions of the main window. The content of this file changes each time I reopen the window but the indicated dimensions have nothing to do with the actual dimensions of the window.

Example:
    • size of the window: 1220 x 799,
    • content of the file:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. {"width":1024,"height":760,"x":280,"y":112,"displayBounds":{"x":0,"y":0,"width":1536,"height":864},"isMaximized":false,"isFullScreen":false}
    Apparently, this file is not used as settings for the window size; it just records the changes that occurred, except if you modify "isMaximized":false, into "isMaximized":true. This setting will be used each time you start the Hub or just reopen the window.

Unfortunately, I don't want to use the Hub maximised and I'd like to set it's size myself; if you could do that. :)

"isFullScreen":true doesn't work; I don't see what would be the point anyway.

6. AbrahamDUnity

AbrahamDUnity

Unity Technologies

Please don't tamper the Hub config files. This makes troubleshooting issues very difficult for us :D

We'll fix this very soon I promise!

7. APSchmidt

APSchmidt

I didn't really but now that I think of if, I haven't just deleted it, just to see what happens. :D

Edit: I did it. Unity Hub just recreated it and the problem is still there... :(

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
    AbrahamDUnity likes this.