Search Unity

Unity HUB 2.0 can't add project from OneDrive

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by Nightmare_dev, May 17, 2019.

1. Nightmare_dev

Nightmare_dev

Hello guys,
    I have my project on OneDrive and from version 1.0.0 to (I think) 1.4.0 it worked as a charm. With addition of 1.5.0, my projects hosted on OneDrive always disappeared from the hub after a while, but I could open them via the Open project button. In 2.0.0 however, you can only add the project into the HUB and then open in, but not in my OneDrive case, as it does not add the project into the HUB. So now, I have to open up the editor version manually until you guys fix it.

Also about the OneDrive, I have all my files downloaded in PC, I disabled the option it only downloads those you need.

2. Lurking-Ninja

Lurking-Ninja

Do not do that. Having project on any kind of real time drive service (OneDrive, Dropbox, Google Drive) is dangerous. You can have half-synced files and corrupt your project. We had cases on the forums where some parts of the project became irreparable.
    If you value your project, please put it in a proper version control system (Collab if you're alone, GitHub, BitBucket or any other).

3. Nightmare_dev

Nightmare_dev

Okay, thanks. I have been planning to move to Github for some time now and this scared me enough to just do it. I need to just figure out the way LFS works.