Search Unity

Unity Hub 2.0.4: not signed in at start but not really signed out either

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by Deleted User, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

@AbrahamDUnity The following behaviour didn't happen in the previous versions of the Hub.

Explanation: I shut off my computer every evening and restart it the morning after:
    • when I start Unity Hub for the first time the morning after I am apparently signed out.
    Capture.JPG

• now, if I close the window (just the window, not the Hub from the tray) and just restart it, I am fully signed in. No need to click on Sign In and fill in the form.
    Capture_2.JPG

2. AbrahamDUnity

AbrahamDUnity

Unity Technologies

Hi @APSchmidt ,

Thank you for reporting this! We've had some regressions related to cloud projects recently so it may be related to this. We'll look into it.

Deleted User likes this.
  3. Deleted User

Deleted User

Well, it didn't happen this morning, for whatever reason. I started Unity Hub and I was logged in. Go figure...

4. AbrahamDUnity

AbrahamDUnity

Unity Technologies

That's weird. We haven't been able to reproduce on our end either. If it ever reoccurs could you send us your logs via direct message? We may be able to identify the cause with recent logs.

5. Deleted User

Deleted User

I'll do it, if I don't forget. ;)

AbrahamDUnity likes this.
  6. Maybe it happens only directly after restart and your WIFI/network isn't connected yet when you fire up the Hub?
    Also Hub only updates when you reopen from the tray as far I understand (at least many things get updated on that event).

It happens to me all the time and not just with the Hub but with my browsers as well (working offline? questions FTW).

7. Deleted User

Deleted User

Nope, cannot be. I start Unity Hub after I start my browser, sometimes long after, always. ;)

AbrahamDUnity and Lurking-Ninja like this.
  8. Deleted User

Deleted User

Btw, what logs, where? the latest info-log.json in "~\AppData\Roaming\UnityHub\logs"?

9. AbrahamDUnity

AbrahamDUnity

Unity Technologies

Yes :)

10. Deleted User

Deleted User

It just happened this morning. I started the Hub, the message about my licence being up to date showed up but I'm not (apparently) logged in. The only thing I did was installing the latest version of Unity yesterday. After closing and restarting the window, I'm fully logged in.

I'm sending you the latest log via DM. You're going to love it: 4,063 lines! :)

Sans-titre-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2019
  11. AbrahamDUnity

AbrahamDUnity

Unity Technologies

Deleted User likes this.
  12. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hi, It just happened again with 2.1. but, this time, closing the window and reopening it is not enough, I have to sign in.

13. AbrahamDUnity

AbrahamDUnity

Unity Technologies

We're tackling the issue right now. We'll update over the week.

Deleted User likes this.
  14. Deleted User

Deleted User

15. AbrahamDUnity

AbrahamDUnity

Unity Technologies

Actually, I thought we were looking into it but it might be delayed a little bit. It's on our list but we're not on it right now. Sorry for the misinformation.

16. Deleted User

Deleted User

I just started the Hub and I'm signed off again; I won't sign in until you release the update.

Signing in is a pain for me; I must look for my password each time because it's a long chain of letters and figures I cannot remember and the Sign In window has no "remember my password and username" option.

17. Deleted User

Deleted User

This is happening again in both 2.2.1 and 2.2.2.