Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity Hub 2.0.1 seems to have broken Oculus go

Discussion in '2019.2 Beta' started by unityuserunity85496, Jun 9, 2019.

1. unityuserunity85496

unityuserunity85496

Any new project I create in any version of unity 2019 alpha beta and stable and after setting up vr settings and android for the oculus go builds the project but I ALWAYS get "Update in progress" dialog.
    rebuilding an older project with this newer hub that was built in the older hub still builds and runs. Other older apps on the machine run as well.

Tried to launch unity directly but it just loads hub now instead.

Hub version 2.0.1

ferverence likes this.
  2. unityuserunity85496

unityuserunity85496

Ah, let oculus go self update since you can not control that at all wasting a day of work until it needs to randomly do that again.

3. joseGuate97

joseGuate97

How long did it take to self update?

Is this issue a recurring issue? I can't imagine how awful it would be to run into this every time I want to build a new VR app into my Oculus Go.

4. unityuserunity85496

unityuserunity85496

Its random. It can be 2 min or HOURS if not overnight. and no progress bar at least back in the day. Im stuck in AR land now and those device also want updates always. Some Samsungs do an update and then reboot and want MORE updates. And they only let you skip 3 times now then just force it. Windows does the same, the GPU will finally be exhausted from unity and need a reboot of the machine but LULZ the windows has a forced update waiting on reboot

5. joseGuate97

joseGuate97

After waiting for a few hours it seemed to work...