Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity Hub 2.0.1 - Feedback

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by Pascal_NotVeryMoe, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Pascal_NotVeryMoe

Pascal_NotVeryMoe

Hey,

Just wanted to say thanks for including the directory, with that and some of the other changes that've been mentioned you're looking at (ie. a home directory), I think you're on a good path.

However, other than what's been already mentioned about the pop-ups and install page/dialog, I just wanted to voice that I think the vertical spacing is getting a bit excessive. I've currently got 4 projects and they're nearly filling up the entire dialog, one more and I'll have to scroll/resize.

Made a gif with a quick and dirty edit just to show how much wasted space there is in the list alone:
    Untitled.gif

Another layout edit I made can be found on this thread, though it doesn't contain the unity version:
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/unity-hub-2-0-my-feedback.677854/#post-4550881

Completely understand if you're focusing on technical features first or if this is considered a non-issue, but I really just wanted to put this out there. Anyway, thanks for your time and I really hope I'm not stepping on any toes

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
    SugoiDev and fatboynotslim like this.
  2. safaGH

safaGH

Unity Technologies

Hello @Draghi, we really thank you for your precious feedback and we will be considering seriously the feature requests we receive as much as we can.

Pascal_NotVeryMoe likes this.
  3. transat

transat

On that note @safaGH , it would be lovely to be able to view release notes of new Unity versions in the Hub, as users generally like to check these before they download. Right now I have to navigate through the Unity website to find these (and that process itself leaves much to be desired!)

It would also be great to have some way of knowing if there is a new Unity version out without having to click on the "Add" button - because that's a potentially unnecessary step, but also because it really doesn't make sense from a UX standpoint ('Add' ≠ 'Check').

Cheers!

4. arvzg

arvzg

2 features that I think are absolute must haves and shouldn't be that hard to implement
    • Remove projects from the list
    • Pin projects to the top
    And 1 more that would be REALLY nice to have but less important:
    • Custom name for projects
    The reason for this is where I work we name ALL our Unity project folders 'UnityProject', and so every single project just appears as 'UnityProject' on the Unity hub list

Pascal_NotVeryMoe and safaGH like this.