Search Unity

Unity Hub 2.0.0 Missing Cloud Project Support

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by VultureG5, May 13, 2019.

1. VultureG5

VultureG5

Hey Everyone, I hope I'm just missing something obvious, but in Unity Hub 2.0.0 is the ability to download a fresh checkout from the cloud nonexistent if you currently have 1 or more copies of the project already on your machine?

For standard development it's a requirement to allow the ability to checkout multiple copies of a project to your machine, and I'd never want to remove a current copy before checking out a fresh one, since you shouldn't delete your only local copies until making sure the fresh checkout at least works correctly first.

For reference, here's a screenshot of 2.0.0, installed today:

upload_2019-5-13_15-30-53.png

As of Unity Hub 1.6.2, projects that were in the cloud were listed at the bottom of the project list, however that section no longer exists in 2.0.0. Instead, the only way to download a fresh checkout from the cloud appears to be via the "download cloud" icon shown in the bottom right of the image above. The problem is that icon will only appear when there's zero local copies of that project on your machine.

Clicking the project name or the words "Cloud Project" beneath the project's name just open up the local copy of the project. Selecting "Add" on the top right only is for adding a local project to the Hub. Selecting "New" is only for creating a new local project. Selecting the 3 dots to the right of the project only shows the "Show in Explorer" option.

As a fail safe, I'd like to uninstall 2.0.0 and revert to using 1.6.2, but I'm also seeing that the Unity archives (here: https://unity3d.com/get-unity/download/archive) only have a generic Unity Hub download, which seem to force 2.0.0 on developers instead of letting them choose older versions of the Hub.

Is there a different link for older versions of the Hub?

mgregoirelds and denmla1000 like this.
  2. VultureG5

VultureG5

For others running into this issue in 2018.x, (currently using 2018.4.0f1 myself), a workaround for this is to simply avoid using the Hub and launch the Unity version directly from Windows Explorer:

upload_2019-5-13_17-36-11.png

That'll give you access to your cloud projects as needed:
    upload_2019-5-13_17-37-18.png

Attached Files:

3. Deozaan

Deozaan

Another workaround would be to move or rename your local copy so that the Hub can no longer find it. Then use the Hub to download a fresh copy.

Another workaround would be to use a "real" version control system such as Git or Mercurial which allows you to easily clone/fork/merge your repositories as much as you want.

4. 00christian00

00christian00

Seem a lot of people are looking for the old version.

mgregoirelds likes this.