Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity Hub 2.0.0 broken (can't add existing proj)

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by zezba9000, May 14, 2019.

1. zezba9000

zezba9000

2.0.0 wont allow me to add existing projects not already part of the Unity Hub to its list.

Projects->Add (button) -> select project folder -> nothing happens.

2. joeksy

joeksy

Unity Technologies

hI @zezba9000 ,
    The current "Add" button add the project to the project list. you will then open from the list.
    We will evaluate and improve this flow.

3. piggybank1974

piggybank1974

I thought I would try this myself, but it worked fine for me, it was a 5.6.2p1 project it did have an exclamation mark. although try to hover over said exclamation mark is about impossible as it's to small.

4. zezba9000

zezba9000

The "Add" button doesn't work is the point. It doesn't add anything to the list. I'm by no means a noob with Unity3D, this seems like a bug. I will try re-installing tomorrow.

Also would be way better if this was just an "Open" button.

5. That's strange, it's working for me. I have removed a project from the list (moved the project folder to an external drive), and then restarted the Hub. The project disappeared. Then I have restarted the Hub just for a good measure and then hit the Add button, selected the project on the external drive and it has been added to the top of the list.
    (Windows 10 Home)

6. zezba9000

zezba9000

Well thats good to know. Maybe a cache or settings issue of some kind causing a goof... its an Electron app after all.
    Hopefully a re-install will fix the issue when I can test tomorrow.

7. joeksy

joeksy

Unity Technologies

Currently, after adding a project, there is no indication where on the list the project been added. This is an issue we will address shortly. depending on the list sorting, the project may or may not be at the top of the project list.

Lurking-Ninja likes this.
  8. Yeah, scrolling there and flashing the row or something similar indication would be awesome.

joeksy likes this.
  9. piggybank1974

piggybank1974

@Lurking-Ninja

Search for my posts you will find a Winforms Program that will delete a project from the list for you, you will have to rerun the hub again mind you.

are here it is

https://forum.unity.com/threads/unity-project-registry-remover.476946/#post-4413916

, you would have thought one of the most basic things you can do, remove a project from the HUB list, the problem with this list, is when it's large your scrolling for ages, a form of tabs "You could create" but be a better organization path I think?

10. zezba9000

zezba9000

Ok found it. I have so much stuff in the list I missed it and there are no visual indications of what its doing. Strongly feel the button should be an "Open" button. "Add" makes no sense as the reason you're adding something is for the purpose to open it anyway. This list should be thought of as a history list... nothing more. Every other similar system I know of works this way.

Last edited: May 15, 2019
  11. zezba9000

zezba9000

While I'm whining though I'll add this minor complaint. Why is the installs area wasting so much space now? The list was way better in the last 1.6.x version. Its cool that it shows you what modules are installed per version but even that would fit better in the old list style.

Last edited: May 15, 2019
  12. piggybank1974

piggybank1974

@zezba9000

I know how you feel, I also have too much, maybe have the project go off the list after 2 months, of inactivity, I bet I know how the designer(s) feel right now, the beer bottle is looking nice right now ;)

13. ANNEAUDET

ANNEAUDET

I have a folder that I downloaded as an assigment. I opened Unity Hub and the instruction on the homework sheet was to click ADD and go to the project folder in my files and add it, BUT THERE IS NO ADD BUTTON, please let me know where it is the ADD section to bring in the assignment folder

14. DryreL

DryreL

Same problem here.
    ADD button don't work.
    Version: 2.4.4
    Uninstall and reinstall didn't fix the problem.
    upload_2021-7-21_16-17-57.png

15. a_loupas

a_loupas

I got the same problem too. I am pressing add button in 2.4.4 and nothing happens

16. piggybank1974

piggybank1974

weird, add button is working for me, mind you, I did not try to add an actual project.

I wish we could have some sort of folders in the hub as mine is got very busy over the years and I have to delete projects off it.

17. od3098

od3098

I had the same problem, fixed using these steps:
    - uninstall unityhub
    - remove UnityHub folder from C:\Users\[YourUserName]\AppData\Roaming\UnityHub
    - remove unityhub-updater from C:\Users\[YourUserName]\AppData\Local\unityhub-updater
    - - saferway: Install SearchEverything and look for all unityhub files and folders and remove them all
    - reinstall unityhub

astechnolabs and DryreL like this.
  18. DryreL

DryreL

After hours of searching, I found a solution for me. Clean the cache in Unity Preferences, I hope it helps you too
    upload_2021-7-22_1-54-24.png

19. Starburst999

Starburst999

I have the same problem, it is impossible to add any project (used to work before)

upload_2021-7-22_17-36-13.gif

Edit:
    @od3098 suggestion worked

Also when I tried the V3 beta it automatically added collaborate somehow, also you cannot remove collaborate once added to a project so I had to recreate a new project

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
    a_loupas and DryreL like this.
  20. astechnolabs

astechnolabs

Solved By Deleting Unity Hub folder in

Step 1 : STOP UNITY HUB

Step 2 : goto below path and delete unity related folders

C:/Users/*UserName*/AppData/Roaming/

then delete all UnityHub related folders. then start Unity Hub