Search Unity

Unity Hub 1.6.2 download?

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by 00christian00, May 14, 2019.

1. 00christian00

00christian00

I just updated to 2.0 and sorry but I really don't like it.
    It's very hard to read, lots of pretty but little usability.
    The beta are mixed with the stable versions.
    I really really want to rollback but I can't find the old version.
    Where can I download it?

TofaPT, ratking, xavi_GSN and 2 others like this.
  2. Karnsteiner

Karnsteiner

Same here, looking to revert back. The new UI doesn't distinguish well between projects if they're in the same folder and 2.0 adds nothing in terms of features/fixes that I need.

TofaPT likes this.
  3. joeksy

joeksy

Unity Technologies

Hi,
    Sorry for the inconvenience, but the Hub does not support downgrade.
    Instead, we would like to hear your opinion on what version 2 lacks so we can improve upon.
    It would be very much appreciated.

4. Karnsteiner

Karnsteiner

Someone sent me an installer for 1.4 so I downgraded to that versus 2.0. I'll stay on that for as long as I possibly can. This is my chief problem; being able to distinguish projects from each other. The name of the folder the project is in means nothing to me since like a lot of teams we use the same folder setup for every project. Using the folder path or product name would be 1000x better.

There is a tooltip that shows you a truncated path in 2.0, but its twitchy and is a worse UX experience than versions of Hub previous to 2.0.

Beta feedback addressing this here (https://forum.unity.com/threads/fea...title-from-unity-project.540021/#post-4539340)

2.0 UX for Projects

1.4 UX for Projects
    upload_2019-5-14_17-6-53.png

TofaPT, xavi_GSN and TFlippy like this.
  5. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

Each of these issues that now pop up on this forum were reported when the Hub 2.0 was in preview, they just shipped the new version as is regardless. The path thing is driving me nuts specifically, they have the path in tooltips but that's just most horrible UX decision you could make for it. On top of this the tooltips don't even show consistently. Having the paths hidden is the biggest issue on 2.0 right now.

This also affects experimental custom engine installations as it's really hard to tell what is installed and where. This is how it looks now:

and here's edited image to explain what some of these items actually are:

on old hub, you saw this all at one glance as the paths were displayed.

I don't want to sound this negative but almost every change in Hub 2 just depresses me as they are almost all steps backward in usability. I get that you want something that looks fancy but don't ruin usability by it. This probably wouldn't have been this infuriating if the older Hub hadn't worked as well as it did (altho it lacked other things requested from the beta days also but these things don't exist on 2.0 either, it just really feels like user feedback for the Hub is commonly ignored).

6. bumbu

bumbu

I would also like to revert back to old version because new version totally broke my license and now I'm stuck with Personal license which is not acceptable.

7. Davide1104

Davide1104

Please just reintroduce OPEN project Button it was more efficently than add button :cool:

8. Ryiah

Ryiah

9. razzraziel

razzraziel

10. razzraziel

razzraziel

btw is there any way to disable this? it automatically updates itself to 2.0 again.

11. shubham-dhiman

shubham-dhiman

12. UNITY3D_TEAM

UNITY3D_TEAM

Unity 2.1.2 hub is very worse . i think its better to stick will 1.6 will good

13. UNITY3D_TEAM

UNITY3D_TEAM

lot of bugs is there with 2.1.2

14. mailittovishnu

mailittovishnu

15. TheWarper

TheWarper

It lacks being able to open projects :\

16. Deleted User

Deleted User

I've Had The Very Same Problem

Currently i recommend to stick with a version older than the 2.0