Search Unity

Unity Hub 1.5.0: License Error

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by jashan, Feb 12, 2019.

1. jashan

jashan

Yesterday, I got the Unity Hub 1.5.0 update. A few hours later, in the middle of working with Unity, I suddenly got a license error. Tried to re-activate using my PS4-serial (which I had used before, but just for a few days recently). Got an error; tried to re-activate with my Unity Plus subscription serial, got another error (both were "server errors", I still have one activation free on my Unity Plus serial, can't check the PS4-serial).

Thought it was probably just some temporary error and went to sleep - just to see the same issue again today.

Error message that I see right now: "License server return unknown error. Please contact support@unity3d.com for more information."

There was also an error message about the license server being down before (I didn't write down the exact wording). That one had a link to Unity Cloud System Status Page - but that shows "license" as "operational".

So, I have two valid licenses and cannot work with Unity. That is not cool.

2. justinzheng

justinzheng

Unity Technologies

Hi Jashan, can you share me you Hub's log?
    Log location:

Windows: %UserProfile%\AppData\Roaming\UnityHub\logs
    Mac: ~/Library/Application support/UnityHub/logs

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Justin Zheng

jashan likes this.
  3. jashan

jashan

Hi Justin, thank you for getting back to me - meanwhile this is working again but I have just filed a bug report with the logfiles. Hopefully, those logfiles will have useful information (this happened around February 12, so that's the time to look at):

(Case 1136290) Unity Hub 1.5.0: License Error

4. justinzheng

justinzheng

Unity Technologies

Hi Jashan,

In the log, we can see there are a lot of network connect errors
    Error: connect ETIMEDOUT 35.186.194.186:443
    Error: connect ETIMEDOUT 35.192.189.147:443

from 2019-02-11T19:31:27.904Z to 2019-02-11T22:41:22.561Z.

Did you experience any network issue on your side?

Thanks.

5. jashan

jashan

Hi Justin, I don't think so - but it's a while back, so I can't say for sure. The good news is that this never happened again; and it may just have been a weird coincidence that it started when I moved over to the PS4 license.

6. jacasch

jacasch

I have the same problem. Everytime I open unity hub and log in, it says "License Error" and I can reactivate my account. When I then go through the steps, and chose "I dont use unity in a professional way" it says "Almost there" and the goes back to the license error.

Kind Regards

7. pxloe

pxloe

I got the same issue. I could solve it by running Unity Hub as Administrator. This might have something to do with the latest Windows Update (if the issue is a local issue because this is the only thing that changed in the meantime for me).

8. Shizad

Shizad

I have exactly the same error as jacasch described with the unity hub 1.6.1. (see the picture attached)
    The online help page also has an error:

Not Found / 404
    This page is no longer available. You might find what you are looking for by browsing through the links in our top menu.

I also tried the offline activation.
    It generates the unity_lic.alf file, I uploaded on the website and download the unity_v2017.x.ulf but when I load the file I receive the error "No file was loaded" and it remains like that...

I checked and add rules in the firewall to allow the software to pass through it.

I have no idea what should I do more...
    Please help us to solve this problem!

Attached Files:

Jacks0n_Kim likes this.
  9. Jacks0n_Kim

Jacks0n_Kim

I met the same case and solved in an imperfect way, maybe you can try these steps:
    1. Uninstall Unity Hub, since Unity Editor tries to open it
    2. Use command to generate the unity_lic.alf file, check out here: https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/CommandLineArguments.html
    3. Manual activate with the alf and download generated ulf
    4. Activate through command by following steps in that site
    It can solve the problem, but you can't use any stuff related to your account, because of Unity Hub, even the attempt to Click Asset Store Page or Account Login, otherwise, a message window will pop out preventing you from usage
    This bug still exists in Unity Hub 2.0 beta, it really sucks