Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.1 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We've opened up a space to discuss, share feedback, and showcase everything related to the Unity Shader Graph! Come show us what you've made.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity Hub 1.5.0: License Error

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by jashan, Feb 12, 2019.

1. jashan

jashan

Yesterday, I got the Unity Hub 1.5.0 update. A few hours later, in the middle of working with Unity, I suddenly got a license error. Tried to re-activate using my PS4-serial (which I had used before, but just for a few days recently). Got an error; tried to re-activate with my Unity Plus subscription serial, got another error (both were "server errors", I still have one activation free on my Unity Plus serial, can't check the PS4-serial).

Thought it was probably just some temporary error and went to sleep - just to see the same issue again today.

Error message that I see right now: "License server return unknown error. Please contact support@unity3d.com for more information."

There was also an error message about the license server being down before (I didn't write down the exact wording). That one had a link to Unity Cloud System Status Page - but that shows "license" as "operational".

So, I have two valid licenses and cannot work with Unity. That is not cool.

2. justinzheng

justinzheng

Unity Technologies

Hi Jashan, can you share me you Hub's log?
    Log location:

Windows: %UserProfile%\AppData\Roaming\UnityHub\logs
    Mac: ~/Library/Application support/UnityHub/logs

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Justin Zheng

jashan likes this.
  3. jashan

jashan

Hi Justin, thank you for getting back to me - meanwhile this is working again but I have just filed a bug report with the logfiles. Hopefully, those logfiles will have useful information (this happened around February 12, so that's the time to look at):

(Case 1136290) Unity Hub 1.5.0: License Error

4. justinzheng

justinzheng

Unity Technologies

Hi Jashan,

In the log, we can see there are a lot of network connect errors
    Error: connect ETIMEDOUT 35.186.194.186:443
    Error: connect ETIMEDOUT 35.192.189.147:443

from 2019-02-11T19:31:27.904Z to 2019-02-11T22:41:22.561Z.

Did you experience any network issue on your side?

Thanks.

5. jashan

jashan

Hi Justin, I don't think so - but it's a while back, so I can't say for sure. The good news is that this never happened again; and it may just have been a weird coincidence that it started when I moved over to the PS4 license.