Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity Hub 0.17.0 has issues installing 2018.1.2f1

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by playemgames, May 30, 2018.

1. playemgames

playemgames

I have tried on 2 separate machines and I get the same installation error on both that the Documentation module cannot be installed. Then when I tried to open a project, it has errors related to the package manager. On my Windows 10 machine after an uninstall and reboot and reinstall it worked, on my Windows 7 machine still didn't work. Perhaps a network issue?

2. rt_jscott

rt_jscott

We had the same issue. We had to install from the website to work around the issue.

3. 00christian00

00christian00

On my hub it doesn't even show 2018.1.2.
    I wonder if they removed it, but I did check it almost day 1 and it wasn't there.

4. playemgames

playemgames

After uninstalling and reinstalling it finally installed again it finally worked. Although I had to move the Documentation folder from 2018.1.2f1EditorData (not sure why it created that folder) to the Editor/Data folder in the main install folder.

5. Deleted User

Deleted User

I was able to install 2018.1.2f1 on my Mac and PC today having trouble the past week. I don’t know if something got fixed or if I just got lucky.

6. cassandraL

cassandraL

Unity Technologies

Indeed, there was an issue with the documentation module that got fixed at the end of last week.
    Sorry for your troubles.

playemgames and mathieub like this.