Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity Hub 0.12 keyboard media controls bug

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by gizzmo123456, Feb 10, 2018.

1. gizzmo123456

gizzmo123456

Unity hub 0.12 seams to prevent my keyboard media controls working when in the unity editor (ie play/pause, skip) they return to normal once unity hub gets quit. or i select another window (even when in unity hub they work fine and stop agen when i go back to unity editor)
    Also i still cant select versions of unity that i already have installed (2017.1+) on my pc (win 10 pro build 16299.214). and unity hub got stuck while installing unity 2017.3.1f1 and did not complete + i got no message when i quit saying it was installing (not that i no if it's ment to or not).

Apart from that keep up the great work! I can see this being very handy :D

2. mathieub

mathieub

Unity Technologies

Hi @gizzmo123456. I am going to investigate on the issues you're mentionning.
    Could you please attach your log ( .../AppData/Roaming/UnityHub/logs/info-log.json).

Also, about the media controls. Not sure to understand. You're playing a video/music in background and you get the media controls unresponsive when in the Editor opened with the Hub ? Is that correct ?

Thanks for your help and feedback!

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  3. joeksy

joeksy

Unity Technologies

Hi @gizzmo123456
    may I ask the Unity Editor version you are using? From your description, the media button only stop working while in editor, is it correct?

Thanks for reporting the issue!

4. gizzmo123456

gizzmo123456

hi guys thanks for the response. im going to put the media controls down to my pc. as its completely stopped and back to normal after 3 days weird. sorry about that, i think i jumped the gun :(
    But it really did fail to instal after downloading 17.3.1 form the hub and unity hub does not let me selected version of unity i have installed
    Log

5. afshinity

afshinity

Unity Technologies

Hi there,
    From the logs, it looks like the 17.3.1 is not installed correctly. Can you see it in the list of the installs? (Install tab > On my machine)
    If yes, you can try to uninstall and install it again. If no, you may need to remove this folder: C:\\Program Files\\Unity\\Hub\\Editor\\2017.3.1f1
    In the current logs, we cannot see why the installation failed. If the installation failed again, please share us the log and we will investigate the issue.