Search Unity

Unity Hub 0.11 bugs

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by xxhaissamxx, Jan 28, 2018.

1. xxhaissamxx

xxhaissamxx

1- every time open it need to reactivate license
    2- when use it to open project it doesn't open anything just stuck i have to open unity.exe by my self
    3- always show switch platform from android to standard while all unity version has android plugin installed

2. xxhaissamxx

xxhaissamxx

4- if i want to open project i must open unity version i want to use than reactivate license again

3. joeksy

joeksy

Unity Technologies

Hi,
    Thanks for reporting. We are currently investigating over the license issue and hopefully have it resolved soon.

4. xxhaissamxx

xxhaissamxx

Switch from version to anther both have android so i open new version from hub folder opened it with switch or anything

hadesfury likes this.
  5. Deleted User

Deleted User

license problem happened to me too. I had to manually add it in the hub as well as in the Unity version I wanted to load my project with. Otherwise the hub just showed the Unity load screen for two seconds, it closed and nothing happened.

hadesfury likes this.
  6. afshinity

afshinity

Unity Technologies

I am wondering if you still have the same issue with the new version of hub? (it should ask you to update)

7. xxhaissamxx

xxhaissamxx

new version work fine thanks

8. Deleted User

Deleted User

9. tsipfvadim

tsipfvadim

Wrong projects sorting order (expected result : sort by last opened/edited).

10. afshinity

afshinity

Unity Technologies

Thank you for your feedback.
    We are aware of that issue, and we are trying to ship the fix in the next update.

11. tsipfvadim

tsipfvadim

Open project dialog box (usability problem)
    Current result: user can open with prefered version or download necessary version.
    Expected result: user can select from installed version or download necessary version (open with prefered version optional).

12. gomilkyway

gomilkyway

The hub seems not installing in the correct directory. I tried install the beta through the hub, it failed in some components. I specified path in G drive, it created folder in G. but then installed in similar path but in drive C instead while the path in the hub is still referencing G.

13. EddieChristian

EddieChristian

The current Unity Hub will not Uninstall builds if they are in a custom location.

14. MarcClintDion

MarcClintDion

I can't get past the install process. The hub fails to finish the download. It's happened several times and there are many people reporting this same issue going back two years. Part of the problem is the error message auto-closes after just a few seconds so when a person goes back to the Hub to check the download there is no indication that any activity took place at all. Just a blank starter window like what we see when the hub is first installed. After uninstalling then re-installing the hub with administrator privileges, I received an error message saying that the download failed because the server was unresponsive. I believe downloads are failing because the Unity Hub has a timeout function that causes the download to fail if the server can't be contacted for more than a few seconds. This should not happen. Other software can pause downloads and continue on anytime afterwards. If the server can't be contacted then Unity Hub should pause the download and try again every few seconds. This problem is always going to plague people using busy wifi networks. At the very least, the timeout should be set to at least 1 minute instead of just a few seconds.

Here is the sequence of screengrabs I took for every step.
    Screenshot (4).png Screenshot (5).png Screenshot (6).png Screenshot (7).png

Attached Files:

15. JoNax97

JoNax97

Please start a new thread, this one is 2 years old and this is considered necroposting.