Search Unity

Unity HDRP 360 stereoscopic recording AO artifact

Discussion in 'Virtual Production' started by nullgamestudio, Jun 9, 2020.

1. nullgamestudio

nullgamestudio

Good morning everyone . I hope to be in the right section. I am recording a stereoscopic video ( top / bottom ) in a 4k * 4k resolution at 30FPS. I noticed a few artifacts on some post processing effects. The most important one is with ambient occlusion because on the recorded frame i noticed these lines that I think represent the cubemap's borders captured.

I am using FXAA for anti aliasing and if I remove the Ambient Occlusion Volume Effect everything is ok. Am i missing something? Thank you

I leave the following screenshot for some project settings reference like recorder settings, AO settings and ouput problem.

Attached Files:

2. cguertin

cguertin

Unity Technologies

Hello @volpespakka!

Like you suspected these artifacts are introduced on the edges of each cubemap side. At the moment, each side of the cubemap gets post-processing effects (ex: AO, vignette) applied individually which causes the artifacts you noticed when they are recombined.

We don't have an eta for a fix at the moment but this problem is definitely on our team's radar! The only "workaround" available at the moment is to disable the offending Post-process effects before launching the recording (obviously not ideal to preserve the look of your game).

newguy123 likes this.
  3. BobMCleod

BobMCleod

What package(s) are you using to record stereoscopic video if I may ask?

4. nullgamestudio

nullgamestudio

I am using the Unity Recorder package, installed from the package manager . It's under the "Unity Registry" section.

5. nullgamestudio

nullgamestudio

Thank you @cguertin for the explanation, sorry i forgot to answer!

6. LT23Live

LT23Live

Is there any solve for this? Unity 2021.3.30 HDRP