Search Unity

Unity HDPR shader graph subsurface material always black

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Dotaku, Oct 13, 2019.

1. Dotaku

Dotaku

When using the shared graph on a HDPR lit everything works fine but when I change material type to subsurface scattering the resulting shader is always black no matter the inputs. The none shader graph subsurface scattering material works for me but I need to do something in graph. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Unity: 2019.2.9f1
    HDPR : 6.9.0

2. Dotaku

Dotaku

Could anyone please confirm if this happens for everyone or just to me? Because if it happens for everyone I could report a bug so this can get fixed. Thanks! :)

3. Domas_L

Domas_L

Unity Technologies

Hello! There were many bug fixes in ShaderGraph 7.1.2, which is available in 2019.3 stream. If you can still reproduce the issue with the latest versions, it's likely a bug, and it would be best if you could submit a bug with a repro project for further investigation. Also, please post the case ID here.

4. Dotaku

Dotaku

Sadly happening also happening in 2019.3. I submitted the bug.

Case it is: 1191771

Domas_L likes this.
  5. Domas_L

Domas_L

Unity Technologies

6. Domas_L

Domas_L

Unity Technologies

@Dotaku The issue is now fixed on ShaderGraph Package version 7.1.6.

7. alti

alti

how do you get version 7.1.6 ....? I just updated to 6.9.2....im in 2019.2.8f1

8. alti

alti

I'm now in the latest unity official release, and I cannot find package version 7.1.6, still.

9. alti

alti

Oh weird, it started working when I explosed the shader's properties in the inspector.... ok, i guess that solves that. Writing it here in case someone else has that issue.. now to figure out why it's tinted green...