Search Unity

Discussion Unity has hacked my Google Drive

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Deleted User, Dec 31, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deleted User

Deleted User

No, this is Not a clickbait. And to the moderators: If you have some respect, leave this open until resolved.

- I'm a former Unity user. Early this year (2022), I shared a bug report with Unity through Google Drive, uploaded the project there with them. They (Unity) were Three (3) Manager's, and I (1) was placed as a Content manager. In short:
    • Manager can access, share, edit and delete content.
    • Content manager cannot.

> I am now stuck with this folder in my own Google Drive, Even after I left Unity. The "Remove" option is greyed out, due to the reason mentioned above.

Example.png

I Googled for an answer, and to my surprise, there were none. None that you can do yourself, but I have to contact Unity and ask them to give me permission to delete it from MY Own Google Drive(!); Thus, hacking and hijacking my service.

Should I share their emails, you should notify me.

Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year.

2. Amon

Amon

This is bullshit.

lmbarns likes this.
  3. neginfinity

neginfinity

Hacking means intentional (malicious) action.
    You're dealing with a Google Drive bug.

lmbarns likes this.
  4. Deleted User

Deleted User

Explain?

5. Deleted User

Deleted User

It's not a Google Drive bug, it's their API. Content manager is not allowed to delete shared content from their drives; They should ask Manager to give them access, so here I am.

If Unity has the mind capability to be a corporation, they should've read Google Drive API and not leave users stuck with obsolete files.

P.S.: There is no Google support, FYI. No human interaction whatsoever.

6. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

It's a design bug then.

In any case, it is a folder shared with you, you don't own the folder, so you can't remove / delete the folder, the thing you should be looking for is if you can reject the shared folder or "leave" the shared folder, or whatever terminology Google Drive uses.

7. Deleted User

Deleted User

Yes, you are correct. The problem is, there's none. I'm left alone with this obsolete folder that takes up space and being useless.

8. neginfinity

neginfinity

Same deal.

9. Deleted User

Deleted User

This is Google Support, read the Note.

Unity should've assigned me as a Manager from the first place, no?

10. algio_

algio_

Have you directly contacted one of the managers that can solve this weird impasse?
    How many days have passed?
    Because, you know, this is holydays season and people maybe doesn't read urgent mails about almost depleted, but not yet depleted, disk space.

Happy holydays!

11. Deleted User

Deleted User

Thanks you for your solicitude! You can see it clearly stated in the image I provided(under, Share date); Jan 27, 2022.

I didn't contact them, yet, because it's been a while since then, and probably the Managers don't work together in the same department anymore, so I saw the opportunity to open a thread first to see what support can be given, saving contacting them for the last.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2022
  12. algio_

algio_

That's share date, I was asking when you contacted them about the issue.

13. Deleted User

Deleted User

My bad, I edited my post after posting.

14. algio_

algio_

If Google Drive doesn't allow solving it, I would have started contacting one of them, and after some time the others, as a first move. Who else could solve this issue?
    As a unity user I can't help other than saying how much times I was flabbergasted by google drive limitations so much that I couldn't even suggest you to read the documentation carefully. Often it's a waste of time.

15. Deleted User

Deleted User

> After investigating and gathering information, you're right. This is the last option for me, now.

Thank you, algio_, and to the rest of you who've helped.​

I wish you a happy and prosperous 2023. Thank you all.

16. neginfinity

neginfinity

UNITY support.

Even when google has idiotic design for many of its services, Unity still holds access to that folder and can release it.

17. Amon

Amon

The replies in this thread show you that your thread was clickbait, accusatory, false, defamatory and just a pile of bullshit. I see you are a deleted user now; good riddance.

Mandem got deleted bruv.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2023
  18. DevDunk

DevDunk

If it's on your drive, delete it from your drive. Now it's in a shared folder, which is not directly on your drive storage

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.