Search Unity

Unity has BLOCKED MY ACCOUNT.....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by recon0303, Oct 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. recon0303

recon0303

They know already as well, but Thanks. They got plenty of messages from me, in the last 2 days, and emails, regarding all of this, and this thread. as well as email from my Credit Card company as well.. but thanks for the info.

hippocoder likes this.
  2. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Nothing I can do except raise awareness and maybe make you a cup of tea if Americans are even capable of drinking tea.

3. recon0303

recon0303

eh? I may live here, but I'm actually Lebanese and Italian..... but ya we make awareness, all the time, since the WORLD is a crazy place and some people are looking to take advantage of others... over money ...

When it comes to my family and anything that prevents me from making a living to pay for my treatments, or feed my family gets me upset and stressed out, so its hard to relax, until its resolved... anyways need to tend to the kids. nice chat.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
    elmar1028 and hippocoder like this.
  4. Martin_H

Martin_H

Of course I agree, but that wasn't my point at all.

5. recon0303

recon0303

but you PAID for what you got...I didn't that is totally different you sir got something you paid for......

What did I get for what I paid for?? So any company can charge and charge and charge and you would let it go???

Good please buy my game so I can charge your card 1000 times over..

Better yet buy a tool I make, and sell on the store soon and lets charge it over and over , you sir better not refund it...because you seem to have money to burn and have no worries in the world...... Get real. You clearly have never run any business before....or had a family or bills ... Let's get real here...anyways, i DON'T have time for nonsense talk, I'm waiting for Unity to reply..

6. MitchStan

MitchStan

You think someone from unity could post something on this thread and demonstrate a morsel of decent customer service. This is just awful.

recon0303 likes this.
  7. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

No one is arguing, including me, that you deserved to get double charged. I'm saying that you've handled the entire situation poorly though, you didn't consider how Unity would interpret a chargeback on your account (an account you say is critical to your daily work), and turned a simple billing issue into something that is threatening your entire business. Now that Unity has responded the way Unity's EULA says they will respond, you're stuck waiting on Unity's fairly slow support instead of getting real work done. None of this was necessary, nor I'm sure was worth the amount of money you're trying to get back.

If you've been talking to Unity's support in the same manner as you've been posting here, don't expect them to be in a big hurry to handle your ticket either. Support people from pretty much any company take the rude and irate people and shove them to the bottom of the pile, as no one wants to deal with them when they have something else they could do right now instead. You should be asking politely for help, not screaming about how Unity is screwing you over, or throwing around a series of straw man arguments.

Now that you've put yourself here, you're only choice is to calm down, explain the situation to Unity without making any accusations, make sure your CC company no longer has Unity purchases blocked, and wait until they resolve the issue.

theANMATOR2b and hippocoder like this.
  8. aliceingameland

aliceingameland

Administrator

Our support team services customers through email (and the recently added customer service chat). It is a separate team from the forums. That being said, we all can and do talk to each other -- support is aware of this thread. They have also already been in conversation with the OP prior to and during this thread's existence.

As this pertains to financial matters, we do not like to share details publicly -- which I am sure you all agree is for the best.

To recon -- please continue to work with our support team in your existing support ticket to get this resolved. The resolution process is already in progress. Posting about it on the forums, over social media, will not speed this up in any way. Sending from multiple accounts also slows down the entire process. I am sorry you are in this frustrating situation, but rest assured our support team are working to resolve this for you as quickly as they are able.

For more general advice to others, I'll echo what some others have said in the thread -- should you ever experience payment issues/double or mistaken charges, please file a support ticket rather than filling an unauthorized charge through your bank. We can usually return payments within 48 hours, but chargebacks can cause your bank to mark us as fraudulent and your account with us will be suspended until the chargeback is lifted by your bank.

9. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

The mistaken charges are one thing unity will surely deal with in a proper way.

As a different experience with the asset store, refunds are not issued for asset store purchases, only when the author of the asset decided to give refund. it would be nice to allow also refunds for packages that you bought and decided to change you mind shortly after.

It would be nice if 2 refunds are allowed per year. without any questions asked. of course you will not be able to keep using the asset.

10. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

On the other hand, popcorn sales have never been so good.

Tzan, Lars-Steenhoff, Kiwasi and 2 others like this.
  11. recon0303

recon0303

this was posted before I got much information from Unity .social media was also posted BEFORE Unity has gave MUCH information... I was not given the proper information regarding this matter... I also have been working with Unity team, but I feel it's super slow.. and based on past experiences.

The one Thread I got from support, was the only one that gave me any useful information. and again was after this. anyways...

Not to be rude, but if Unity would of replied to my support ticket, this would of never happen, I did over 60 days ago.So not sure what else I could have done other than what I did...and I can't control what my CC does either .but we won't get into that as I already stated on my support ticket

..and this is not the first time Unity has ignored/not got possible. my tickets and others tickets..or took a very long time to reply.. So you left me no choice... anyways, I hope this get resolved soon because on my end, it has been.

either way, glad to hear from someone from Unity... Thanks for the reply.
    Regards.

12. recon0303

recon0303

I'm glad you find others pain so funny..

13. recon0303

recon0303

I handled it poorly......again you sir don't have a clue, I CONTACTED Unity, they refused to reply NO ACTION was taken for 60 days,...So i'm I suppose to wait for ever??? This issue has been going on since AUG....They ignored me, over and over, I can't do much more if I only have an email to contact Unity through. ........as it was it was on my CC...for 2 months...collecting interest..and no reply from Unity, so I love how you think I handled that so poorly .lol....

When it happens to you, you would be the first person to bitch about it.....

After so long if Unity would of done nothing, i would of NOT be able to get my money back....and with my health issues I'm gone, not that its your business....so if I didn't do this, I bet I would of never got my money back....

I bet you would of day 1......I waited 60 days...

I'm glad you know what kind of way I talk to Unity from day 1......WOW....you have ESP.....I wouldn't be this upset if it was dealt with, with a professional matter and in a timely manner....not months later..after my CC takes action... and I make a post.....anyways I don't have time for people that never went through this....

have a good one.

14. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

If I got double charged, yes I would be angry, but I guarantee the steps I would have taken would not have resulted in an account suspension. That is the "handled it poorly" part I'm referring to, but you don't seem to get it or want to consider anything but what you have done as being the correct path to have taken. I hope your account issue gets resolved in the coming weeks regardless.

And in response to your earlier comment that I've obviously never owned a business, in fact I have owned several. Experience in that area is why I focus on the big picture, and don't let small issues drag down the entire business even if I'm the one that is really in the right. You're apparently a small issues guy that prefers to stand up for what you think is right no matter the effects of that, and there's a lot to respect in someone willing to do that. It doesn't help keep a business going though, and as you've seen it can sometimes bring everything to a halt over a minor problem. Again, "handled it poorly". I think I've said enough on this. Good luck.

Martin_H likes this.
  15. recon0303

recon0303

good what steps..... waiting to hear , since you never went though it... and I'm glad you know the law, of how my CC handles things to..that get charged like this. and i'm glad you know everyone's position......and have families , bills to pay, and can't have money tied up, that THEY NEVER CHARGED in the first place..

If this was any other company, I assure you I would of never waited even the 60 days that I did.. if this was 90% of any other company I would of done this right away as would my CC.....

Since it was Unity, I told them to wait longer ..... .So again sir you can't control Credit Cards and there fraud departments either...as much as I can't.....You have no clue what I had to go through as its none of your business with my CC to even get this as far as I did...

anyways....

16. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

I already said what I'd do earlier. File a support ticket, and follow up with it. I might even make a thread about the issue like you've done. I would not file a charge back under any circumstances, as I cannot afford an interruption to my Unity account, even if only temporary, while I go back and forth with Unity regarding the issue. I have assets on the store that could have their sales interrupted, and I would have lost development time that I would never get back. Pick your battles.

17. recon0303

recon0303

LOL, you clearly aren't reading anything, I submitted a ticket months ago more than once.......I also can't control what my CC sees as fraud... for a double charge, if you can't get that through your head, I can't do anything to make you get that I did that.....

I even STOPPED MY CC from doing what they wanted to do ....but I wont get into that, since its not your business. but anyways.......not sure if your looking to argue, troll what ever.but as I said, already from the start, I did for 2 months..

So I can't wait for ever, to get them to reply to me..... it has been 2 months before ANY action was taken....

Anyways i'm letting Unity handle it since they finally gave me the PROPER information...

Have a good one.

18. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

I'll have to ask people to stop replying now. I don't want to lock the thread because recon0303 wants to vent as a customer, and it's above my responsibility in my view, Unity staff will lock it as they see fit.

But but customer support is aware of the issue and is dealing with it with recon0303. Posting on the forum no longer serves a purpose and cannot speed up the issue at hand.

As a moderator I'll ask people to refrain from posting as it seems to just make things more stressful. Thanks all, and best luck getting your issue solved, recon0303.

Joe-Censored likes this.
  19. recon0303

recon0303

Thanks . You can close the thread if you like, since they are on it now. I'm fine with that.

Kiwasi and hopeful like this.
  20. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

OK once again good luck with resolving this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.