Search Unity

Unity has BLOCKED MY ACCOUNT.....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by recon0303, Oct 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. recon0303

recon0303

I been a developer for over 20 years never in my life have I seen this type of nonsense...

It took nearly 2 days to get a reply, and they CLAIM there was fraud on my account.....but very limited info that really wasn't helpful to resolve the issue..

I called My Credit Card, I put a dispute in months ago, for an asset that was double charged,. .... I found out the Credit Card blocked Unity. from not being paid for that one asset....I never told them to do this....I told them to go ahead and pay for it,but I want Unity to fix it, Unity choice to ignore it and BLOCK MY WHOLE account which has over 130 + assets I BOUGHT and paid for.....

They could of blocked that card....and that license for that charge/asset...bot both..ONE.....

..if they had to...NOW i'm getting limited info, saying there is an investigation......I make my living from making games, clients and more....... so right now I can't do much due to this nonsense.... I have bought assets costing me costing hundreds for each, so I have thousands of dollars invested.....

My Credit Card FRAUD Department, said they would be happy , to call Unity, but NO PHONE number to do so, and the support team seems to have limited info....THEY CLAIM more than one asset has fraud, and charge backs.....WHich is totally FALSE.......IT is one...... I asked them to go ahead and pay but I want the refund as the developer ignored me.....for months... and the asset wasn't working....I offered to pay for that asset twice, which I wouldn't be happy about it...

I got one reply, from a developer days later, it says the account is suspended.........

Edit: Yes I did try to dispute Unity as did my Credit Card since AUG, they replied to me my CREDIT CARD that is, they got no reply from Unity for around 2 months..... regarding this matter.. ALso I did not buy this asset twice.......MY CC said it was charged more than once for the same tool.... So they flagged it. But my CC contacted Unity to give them a chance to say why or fix the issue, my CC said nothing was done, so that is why they took the steps they did... By blocking it. They blocked ONLY the one charge.....at that point Unity blocked my whole account my guess it was auto mated..block...but they seem to take over awhile to fix this, which I find to be unacceptable.

Would anyone like it to be charged for something, they didn't allow? I can only go off , of what my CC said, and flagged , Unity could of defended this and said it was a mistake or what if it was an issue on the way it was sent, I have no idea.. around that time, I bought like 10 or so asset I believe......So something odd could of happen due to this.... So many things but the issue is, Unity is not replying, besides with vague information that is not helpful really.

Sorry for the edits, I wanted to be clear on some points, as some people may be confused, when I'm super ill, and upset, I tend to ramble on a lot and not make sense, sorry for that..

PS: I'm in the middle of a STEAM game for PC and Xbox one...... and near release of Android game .....with in months ..nearly 2 years of development, on and off, ton of work, money in this game......hate to see it get canceled because of some nonsense...

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
  2. Martin_H

Martin_H

Wow, that really sucks. Based on past posts here I'm sure it'll get sorted out quickly now, because public complaints about such things often seem to be the fastes way to get someone willing and capable to help interested in your case. Good luck!

For the record, I've heard quite a few people complain about issues with assetstore payments, credit cards and the like. I'm not even really surprised by the start of your sad story, but I'm a bit surprised that they blocked your whole account. That indeed seems way overkill.

I don't know whom to ping specifically, but maybe @SaraCecilia or @Buhlaine does?

recon0303 likes this.
  3. jdraper3

jdraper3

Good luck Recon, I hope this gets sorted really quickly.

I also have thousands in asset store purchases, and this makes me pause. If a helpful long time member of the community and all around great dev like Recon can have their entire asset store account banned with no warning and no opportunity for recourse, then it could happen to anyone and that does NOT sit well with me.

recon0303 and Martin_H like this.
  4. Martin_H

Martin_H

Why stop at the assetstore? If you're on a pro or plus subscription a creditcard problem could take away your ability to even work with Unity. That's one of the reasons I think subs are bad and I would be extremely surprised if it hasn't happened before.

Fera_KM, theANMATOR2b and recon0303 like this.
  5. hopeful

hopeful

There are a lot of Unity users, and with a lot of transactions going through every day, any business is bound to make mistakes.

So I sympathize with you @recon0303, but we all run into issues like this with businesses. For instance, twice I've had a major bank screw up security info like my mother's maiden name and close my account and cuss me out over the phone like I was some sort of criminal, when it was their error.

I'm just glad I live in a relatively free country where everything is not run by the gov't. That would be so much worse!

So I hope you get this mistake cleared up right away. And if there is something for Unity to fix in the way they do things, I hope they get on it and fix it before someone else's business gets impaired by their error.

recon0303 and jdraper3 like this.
  6. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

I hope you get this fixed, but the official refund policy is there are no refunds. Trying to get around that part of the EULA with a credit card dispute was bound to cause you more problems than it was worth.

https://unity3d.com/legal/as_terms

And since you've violated the EULA, Unity is now under no obligation to reactivate your account.

I hope you get this resolved, and try not to violate anymore EULA rules.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
  7. mysticfall

mysticfall

I don't know if it's something that can actually happen with the current Asset Store system, but if I can believe what the OP said it doesn't look like he or she was violating the EULA.

If the credit card was really charged multiple times by a mistake from the vendor, it's very possible that someone can do that 100 times, or for 100 different customers.

I don't think what Unity had in mind when they included the 'no refunds' clause was to silence or even penalize such customers who have been wrongly charged this way.

8. recon0303

recon0303

so your ok with Unity double charging you??? Buying one asset is one thing.....but for them to double charge me is another......I own thousands of dollars and never refunded any asset...but I wont allow Unity to double charge me then ignore it...My Credit Card tried to contact them for months and so did I ....I was ignored......I helped many asset developers in our games testing tools...I HAVE worked with small and large companies....and got many to buy Pro licenses in the thousands.......I know some have got sick of this behavior and left to Unreal, and other engines, we use other engines as well. ..but we spend more with Unity and this is how I get treated??

Yes mistakes happen, but I run a business, as well, with 2 people we have thousands and thousands of customers and I'm sick with cancer,I call people back even in the hospital as I care about my customers...Unity seems to take for ever..

This is my full time job, so this is effecting me greatly ......so I can pay my health insurance, my bills, my family and my meds to stay alive every month which is why I work so much........

So this is going to make me sicker from the stress alone and now effect my pocket book. as I do not keep my assets locally all the time PLUS I won't support a company ever again if this is not fixed.soon.... I WILL leave Unity all together, if they do not fix this..

PS: Keep in mind some developers are hard to understand as there main language is not english, so wrong information is given all the time, I know I see it happen daily in chat rooms and emails with clients I work with..... and they work with.......So Unity needs to change the way they do things.,

If there was an issue they could of banned my CC until they review the account...Instead they blocked my whole account for ASSETS I paid for through the years???? Ya that's real nice....

Also the asset didn't work right either, and got little to no support on top of it, but I was willing to keep the first one anyways as I have ate many BAD assets...Thats the chances we take, so I could careless about it...I also BUY assets all the time I NEVER EVER use to support the asset developer, Unity can ask any one of them....Many are known developers......So I feel this is so not cool to make me make less money and effect my business.....

By doing this I will NOT support Unity and not buy anymore assets..unless my account is fixed soon..... as they will have be worried they will KEEP making mistakes that effect my health and my life....... Something I really don't need right now.. I know investors who left Unity, and got sick of odd behavior effecting there pocket books.....

To this time I got limited info from Unity, I got most my info from my Credit Card company....

At the end I TOLD MY CC to let the DOUBLE CHARGE go in last night, NOT happy about it, but if it helps get my account back fine, but I feel that is NOT right..

Martin_H likes this.
  9. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

@recon0303 hope this is resolved as soon as possible for you.
    Curious - as an experienced developer - you do know the assets you have purchased and used are on your local drive right? You do not need to be logged in or even connected to the internet to use the assets you have locally.
    Your not saying you have bought all these assets and never downloaded them to use in other projects - im sure.

recon0303 likes this.
  10. recon0303

recon0303

Yup I know but I clean off my drives all the time out of habit . I like to clean off it , as I build many computers and my hard drives last longer to keep everything cleaned up. So I happen to do this last week, so I have 4 assets stored locally, but as I said I won't continue to support a company , if they choice to burn me....after I spent this kinda of money...Same reason you wouldn't of a company did this to you or an asset developer, game what ever... yes I have some assets on projects. but not all, and not updates for everyone of them. I been in the middle of a start of a new game, for PC, so not many assets are downloaded yet.

So this is more about morals... and the money lost... if they do not fix this, and I do not have access to all my assets due to this... I also can't get updates or download them all. as I said already.

Martin_H likes this.
  11. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

I appreciate that you're in a bad situation, but I don't see anywhere in the EULA for an exception to the no refunds policy for double charges, or accidentally purchasing the same asset twice. If I missed that part, please point me to it, as I'd really like to know the truth.

I would be pissed, but if my livelihood was dependent on this service I would have eaten the double charge instead of rolling the dice that Unity wouldn't interpret a charge back as a EULA violation. But that's just me. For example I spent $80 on an asset that the developer deprecated a few days after purchase. I had to move off it to another asset since I didn't want to maintain the asset myself when new Unity versions are released. I was pissed, but ate it all the same. No Refunds policy and all.

12. recon0303

recon0303

I'm glad your ok with given Unity or anyone hundreds of dollars, you want to pay for it?? For there mistakes.. Thats FRAUD charging something I didn't... Which is why MY CC company flagged

it wasn't a cheap asset either.

13. recon0303

recon0303

MY cc flagged it, I called to see what it was about, and they asked me to dispute it, of course I would,I didnt do anything.........It sounded like it was an issue at first with my CC company but its policy to do what they do Then they stated Unity never replied they could have this was back in Aug...They choice not to......So I have NO CONTROL over this, if you can't understand this, then I cant help you..but I will NOT pay for something, for someone to have a field day and charge what they want.... in the END i LET IT go...and it will effect me as well......since the asset wasn't cheap..

14. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

I wouldn't be ok with it at all. I'd file a support ticket for your double charge. You never mentioned doing so before disputing the charge, so I have to assume you didn't.

https://support.unity3d.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

I hope you get everything resolved regardless.

15. hopeful

hopeful

And best wishes with this, too. :(

Martin_H likes this.
  16. Martin_H

Martin_H

Every EULA by big corps covers them against everything their lawyers could think off. You can't possibly be thinking it's ok in any way shape or form for them to double charge people at random and expect them to just let it slide because otherwise UT willl revoke access to everything you've ever bought from them on the assetstore. Also you can write whatever you want in a contract, that doesn't mean it would hold up in court if put to the legal test, which of course no indie dev can afford to contest - and normally wouldn't have any reason to either. I can't imagine this being anything but a dumb mistake and a series of people that all didn't want to properly deal with it.

17. hopeful

hopeful

And probably an emphasis on "dumb mistake." A lot of people are honest and try to do a good job. Not everyone understands at first glance what the right thing to do is though, so dumb mistakes happen.

theANMATOR2b and Martin_H like this.
  18. recon0303

recon0303

i'm pissed right now and have been ...so I can't remember everything to type here......I did to them.... My Credit CARD company tried since Aug to get them to reply before anything was done....I also added tickets in to dispute it.... Unity ignored all attempts by me and my Credit CARD company.... since Aug. So this is why it effected me as Credit Card companies only need to wait 60-90 days before doing something about it, IF a vendor choose to not dispute a claim regarding double charges or any dispute..... They choice to ignore it....

So yes in the ticket to support again last night, 7 plus replys from me, another 12 to another person, that info was included, here I did not say this you are correct, but not sure if your trying to troll me or what....

But good for you....if you are fine with someone charging you over and over...illegally.......I work for my money so I wont hand it over to someone illegally.......If you want to pay for it, send it to my paypal..since you are made of money and don't have to worry about health issues, kids , family and have money to burn....

19. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

All true, but you have to look at things from a risk vs reward standpoint. So Unity is hit with a chargeback for an asset store purchase. You're leaving it up to Unity to interpret what this means. Is it really worth it to take this all the way to testing the EULA in court? You've got more important things to do, products to ship, and employees to pay, than stall everything to put this "to the legal test" as you say. Its simply not worth it, no matter how expensive the asset was. Standing up against Unity on principle doesn't keep your dev team producing and your bills paid.

So instead of dropping a charge back unannounced into the lap of the Unity Asset Store team for them to figure out what it means, you file the support ticket first before the charge back, wait likely a long time for them to get around to it, and keep trying to follow it up with them.

If that still doesn't work you then ask yourself is the money locked up in the asset really worth the potential headache? Could Unity actually interpret this as a EULA violation? If so, am I really willing to go all legal on Unity over this?

I'm not talking about what is right, I'm talking about what is best for a growing business, and an account shut off over what has to be a relatively small amount of money in the grand scheme of things (if it is less than you pay one of your devs for a week of work then its a small amount), while you work out the problem with Unity, will probably cost more money than the refund itself.

theANMATOR2b and Kiwasi like this.
  20. mysticfall

mysticfall

I believe what you have described is quite a different situation in nature than that of being (alledgedly) charged for what one didn't purchase.

I guess companies put such 'no refund' policy in their EULA mainly to deal with - or more accurately, *not* to deal with - those people who purchase something and change their mind later, or think that they would get product updates or customer support indefinitely.

In short, saying "You can purchase something here, but we can't guarantee that you'll be happy with the product, or that the product will be updated forever to support the latest version of Unity" is a completely different thing than saying "We don't care if you are charged for what you haven't purchased, and I'll ban you if you ever complain about it".

And as I haven't experienced anything that would make me lose respect for Unity yet, I'm quite certain that what they intended with the no refund clause was the former rather than the latter.

Actually, I don't believe there could be any company which is running a honest business who can say something like that to their customers.

WoodcockCreative and Martin_H like this.
  21. recon0303

recon0303

The issue is Unity is saying its more than one asset........My Credit Card said it's not... So there is something wrong here for sure...I never said anything besides about this double charge since I was contacted by my CC about it... So at the end of the day I told MY CC to let it go...last night and its not a cheap asset so it will cost me so I hope they fix my account either way....\

No matter what I could of never stopped this from happening , other than NOT buying assets from the store....So yes this can happen to anyone... I believe its a mistake on Unity's part and possible could of been something with my Credit Card not liking seeing the same name so many times, and flagged it according to what was said. to me atleast... So for now I have limited info from Unity other than what was said, most of my info was from my CC company....So I guess we will see....but I couldn't do anything about this period... and I wont allow someone to use my CARD ....

I had my life stolen before from a nurse she stole 350k from me, and I could not dispute it as I was in a coma......SO I nearly lost everything.....I had to try and sue years later, I got back about 310k.....but 40k, I got stuck with.......so yes I pay attention to everything as I don't want mistakes , which may be the case, dunno yet or something else.

I think its a mistake on someones part......but I know I couldn't have prevented this...

Martin_H likes this.
  22. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

Of course it is different, as I haven't experienced a double charge. I was just listing a real example where I chose to eat an asset store purchase almost immediately after I made it, rather than pursue another avenue.

All I'm really saying is it should be no surprise to anyone when you do a charge back against an asset store purchase that Unity may interpret that as a EULA violation and then follow up with exactly what they say they do with EULA violations. If you can't afford for that to happen, even if just temporary, then handle it a different way.

23. Ryiah

Ryiah

On the contrary it should be a surprise to everyone. Unity misinterpreting a double charge as purchasing the same item twice shows a serious level of ineptitude on their part. A double charge will have nearly identical time stamps whereas purchasing the same item twice manually will have quite a difference in time.

24. FrankenCreations

FrankenCreations

If I've read this right a person was double charged for a purchase. The person filed a complaint with the company who double charged. More than a month later there was no response from support. There is no phone number to a billing department for the company who double charged the account. The credit card company that flagged the double charge needed to settle within 60 days. The credit card company decided since there was no way to reach the people who sent the double bill they needed to deny the payment. The company who was denied payment for a double charge after not responding to their customer about the incident banned the customer effectively keeping them from using products he had already paid for.

If this is correct I think all customers of the company who did this should revolt, loudly and repetedly untill a billing department can be reached in less than a month.

25. recon0303

recon0303

My Credit Card company told me about actually flagged at first and called me about it making sure as it looked like fraud since 2 charges where made from the same asset. so when they asked me, I said no I did not that is wrong, they said no problem we will contact Unity ...and give them 60-90 days to reply...Unity did not reply at all.. I also made it clear other assets are ones I did CHARGE.....

So my Credit card company refused payment on 2nd charge only... again I bought many assets during this time and after....hundreds of dollars during the Aug sale as well.... no issues..Unity claims this has to do with more than one claim..

WHICH IS false, my CC company checked 2 departments including FRAUD and said it was one charge ..Last night I allowed the charge to go through mY CC didnt like that ....of course....So for now they are giving UNITY time to resolve these issues once again..... as of last night..again I got little to no info from Unity other than my account is blocked due to a few assets they said the card holder me saying it was fraud, I never once said it was fraud..my CC flagged it...

I said looks like a mistake double charge maybe?? I dunno but yes please contact them to find out why, I did as well and was ignored as well...

Martin_H likes this.
  26. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

Not in my experience. Just the threat of contacting the Ombudsman is enough to make most companies cave. When you have decent consumer protection laws in place, companies will eat minor losses rather then risk being in the wrong.

Martin_H likes this.
  27. angrypenguin

angrypenguin

I'm no lawyer, but I'm fairly confident that that's thankfully not how it works. A business can't take money you didn't agree to give them and then just shrug because a contract didn't specifically say they couldn't. As far as I'm aware a "no refunds" policy simply means that, to the limited* extent allowed by law, after you've purchased something you can't get your money back for it. It does not allow them to charge you more than once for something and then just pocket the extra.

That said, I strongly suspect that they weren't trying to do that here, because it just doesn't make any sense. More likely it's a bunch of automated systems and/or people following procedures without being aware of context. They probably can't trivially tell the difference between a legitimate chargeback and a dodgy one, and I suspect that legitimate ones are the exception rather than the rule. It just sucks that these things can take so darn long to sort out.

*Many places have consumer protection laws that set rules that all businesses must abide by regardless of what's written in their contracts or licenses.

28. snacktime

snacktime

NEVER let your bank handle the relationship side of this. All they do is file a reversal with a reason code which many merchants never even look at. So the merchant just assumes you were trying to rip them off and let's it expire and it turns into a chargeback.

Not saying that's right, just how it is. If I care about the relationship I contact the company myself and have them issue a refund. Which they are almost always glad to do because those warnings carry a fee, as does the chargeback itself.

One thing I will say about Unity in this context, they should have a toll free number for asset store customer service. That they don't does speak somewhat to how much they care about stuff like this.

hopeful likes this.
  29. recon0303

recon0303

not to SOUND RUDE, but please read we did contact them....myself they ignored it.....Unity did not deal with it and I'm not in the business to give away free money to a company ..because they are double charging something ....when they shouldn't be.....So love to know when it happens to you if you want to give away 200 bucks, I do not ....just saying I been in the business for 20 years or more never seen this crap before, that they do not want to deal with it..

I deal with other engines..all the time and many companies all the time.....No idea your experience, but this is not acceptable...

Read the thread in a whole......a company can't not double charge someone for something I never charged...that sir is illegal....

Next time as someone said, it may be worse this means they can charge 100 times....or as many as they choose....and block someone who disputes it, plus you are charged interest from your CC on those charges YOU NEVER charged...I never charged two charges, I charged one, I cant control Unity or any company charging anything above this...My receipt shows one charge.........

30. FrankenCreations

FrankenCreations

If you contact a buisness that charged your credit card in error, give them 60 to 90 days to respond before you deny payment and they never respond who is doing buisness wrong?

To be clear the one and only thing I actually fault unity for in this situation is not responding in a reasonable time. Mistakes happen. Things get missed, done wrong, misplaced, forgotten, whatever, we are all human and thats all forgivable. I haven't even heard the other side of the story yet. There may be some valid reason he got charged twice. Could be the buyers mistake. I really dont know because I'm only getting one side of the story. The fact that you can't reach the people charging you for purchases within 90 days to solve an error on anyones part is wrong.

31. recon0303

recon0303

@snacktime.

I can't do much more than this, but contacting Unity 2 months ago and I did many times... So I got my CC involved to deal with it as well....since it seem Unity didn't want to deal with it...This happens to people all the time I hear....so its NOT new.. that they do not always reply to people..

32. recon0303

recon0303

I checked my receipt it shows one charge . for that asset. again I didn't even know about it, until my CC contacted me...and flagged it..since they seen to many charges the same.. I would of never knew..I still didn't know why my account was blocked.

and yes I still don't know why this happen which is the reason for the post, since Unity has given me such little to no information, I spent 2 days or so.....since the block trying to find out the full story as well......but I can't do anything but trace my steps which I now have many times...

I see one charge.. on my end. One. MY Credit Card company said they see two.. I have bought hundreds of assets and yes mistakes happen, but if your company is not at fault and wants to resolve this, why not reply to someone with in a timely matter....but this has started in AUG... now.

So not sure what else I could of done as I have a business myself, and a small game development company .. So I been running a business a long time mistakes happen but I take care of them, , I do not ignore them over and over. So if Unity had more than a email maybe more mistakes wouldn't happen.

I asked my CC many times if it was a mistake on there end, they keep telling me no its not..I talk to now 4 managers.... and I been calling to get updated ..daily as I already LET the double charge through, not HAPPY either... as Unity stated if I did they would unblock, as I found this out last night..

But they still gave me little to no info why I need to pay the double charge and if they will even fix it..... but to get it unblocked I'm willing to pay the DOUBLE charge.....until, they fix it....if they don't I won't buy anything from Unity again.

I want the full story as well, from them, and would of never made this post, if I had all of there info, other than, what I said already..

I hope no one else's through this.... as they will see what a nightmare it really is......to deal with after having spent so much money on there account, I have done everything they asked, even if I didn't want to...just to resolve this as soon as possible.

33. sngdan

sngdan

So for how long is your account actually blocked?

Based on the info you provided, Unity sounds at fault here in two ways:
    1- bad customer service (long response)
    2- blocking you account (seems unreasonable, they could have just blocked your cc and removed assets in question)

I am however quite certain, that once the complain reaches the right person at Unity, they will make up for it somehow (free service gor a period or upgrade, etc)

We did not hear their version of the story though and maybe it should stay this way. Would be just good to see a closure here which states you both found an amicable solution and close the case with happy faces.

recon0303 and hippocoder like this.
  34. recon0303

recon0303

it has been blocked a few days now. and again I didn't know why at first, until I had a friend contact someone he knew but he had limited info and I called my CC to see what was going on and if they had more info, which at first I was given some right info and some wrong...

So i CALLED the fraud department to get more info. Which is how I got a bit more info, and still a little from Unity to why and if they are fully resolving...Last night I got a reply saying they would unblock if I let the charge through, the double charge, I had already done so, it may not show yet but I did it anyways....before they asked. and I been calling my CC daily to get updates and making sure Unity gets the double charge and to give them ANOTHER 60 days or so to fix it on top of the already 60 days.....but CC have interest ...so I hope THEY NOW fix it properly ...them selves.

2: Would of been the proper thing to do..but to block everything I ever paid for?? That is not acceptable in my eyes... I bet anyone else would be upset by this as well... They could of done this , block my CC and that asset I would of been fine with it, while they figure it out...but to block every asset I ever bought and PAID FOR....not acceptable..

35. recon0303

recon0303

I did a search and seems others have been double or more charged before..... many others seen if you check google. again I know mistakes happen but Unity needs to stop this and be on top of this in a timely matter..

so it don't upset or prevent a business or people from making money.. we make money Unity will make money,.again we all know mistakes happen, but they need better support.

https://forum.unity.com/threads/undue-charges-in-the-asset-store.256449/

I would of been even more upset if this happen. WOW..

36. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

The violating the EULA bit is what's caused all the fuss. Had you just taken care of double charge by complaining to Unity you'd be fine but breaking your side of the agreement has (and should) cause this, because: you broke your side of the agreement. It has to happen or Unity invalidates all the same agreements with all it's customers.

A dispute with a company on a credit card will of course, block that company from charging anything from that card including subscriptions. So your action is what caused this reaction.

With that established, you can probably get all this fixed but unfortunately for you, it can't be a quick process as it has to be done manually, and people will need to seek permission for each action (or the right people to be available at their office).

I don't think Unity wants to ruin you, so just carry on developing until this is resolved, try to move from defcon 0 to 4 or something.

I have pinged some staff but everyone seems a bit busy around Unite. Keep trying, but keep it at in a calm way, for your own benefit :)

37. recon0303

recon0303

I have as I said I did this many times and for months....so not sure why you people keep saying this.....and trying to place blame on me....I did what I was suppose to which was contact Unity.....I got no reply....many times.....So my CC flagged the charge before I even told them to......as it was an illegal charge you cant NOT CHARGE something to anyone card with out permission.......period.... So not sure what else to say here as my receipt shows one charge and I did not dispute it.....You can not CHARGE ANYTHING....UNLESS the card holder says.....So dunno how that is EULA, when they are in fact doing something with out the card holders permission.

If you see this has happen to others, Unity making mistakes which i know can happen and charge over and over and over.. So how is that the users fault again??? You sir could not of stopped this either.....if this happen to you and if Unity ignored you, I will NOT sit there and not take action and let them HAVE FREE money.,.but as I said I didn't do the first action my CC did...as it was an illegal charge..

38. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

"you" people? I have repeatedly stated moderators are not Unity staff. I tried to help but you decided to be insulting and upset - again.

This will be best resolved by being calm, always is in these matters, and being polite to people because the people who deal with this, didn't cause it, the computers did. If you are calm, you will make yourself better understood and this way easier to help.

derkoi likes this.
  39. recon0303

recon0303

you people meaning others on this thread.. some others on this thread said something like that.. with out reading everything. anyways, lets not turn this into something else.....it will just make this worse ......

not sure how you people is insulting .......it's the way I talk..I'm from Michigan near Detriot.. So its the way people talk around here, we say "you people" meaning a group of people, we are talking to at the time...so take it as you will, but it wasn't to insult anyone, you seem you want to turn this into something else, I have no interest, I have ENOUGH stress in my life thank you very much..

anyways it was never my intention to insult you or anyone......but lets not turn this thread into something more or worse...

40. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Yes I think best thing now is calm. Lets look at your issue the way you want it to be seen. I think it is like this:

1. there was an illegal action involving your card. It can mean many things, not necessarily that. This caused (you?) or your (bank?) to raise the dispute. - need clarification

Unity responded by blocking your access to asset store (this is not good but in the case of fraud, they don't have much choice).

Any kind of dispute ends the financial activity between the two parties and locks any potential transactions/ movement of goods down, which is obviously your problem. I think you would have the same behaviour from steam.

To get to the bottom of this, you emailed the support staff and they replied with (some confusion, I don't think we are super clear what transpired here).

Hopefully when the double payment goes through, Unity can then refund it, it sounds to me like computer and legal problems :/

41. recon0303

recon0303

sorry stressed out enough....

My card was double charged..

Example you go to a store and buy a coat for 200 dollars... one coat..
    You go home... enjoying your coat..

Your Credit Card company calls you and says hey did you make two charges of 200 dollars..... and you say NO...I made one charge of 200 dollars.....

That is what I said... to my card..

So then I contacted Unity many times, to ask why.....no reply, I asked again, no reply, I waited...

My Credit Card also asked why, as its in there best interest since it was not a legal charge.... They also got no reply..I called and said do not take any action besides asking why that charge...They did not for 60 days....

60 days later...No reply still from Unity...to either me or them..

Then, Unity tried to collect the 2nd 200 dollars, my card said NOPE and blocked it.. Unity then blocked my account.

42. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Alright, just remove the dispute and let Unity have it's double charge, then Unity can refund the second charge. Not the best solution, seems the quickest though :)

43. recon0303

recon0303

When I built my computer a few months ago, my card called me and blocked me from buying all the parts I needed as it was alot in a short time....This can happen to... but this was not the case, they also look for odd activitys not normal to your behavior.....which is good I think as I had my whole life stolen as I said before, it cost me 350k from a nurse while I was in a coma before.....I got back 310k....but I had to eat 40k, I wont go into why, but I got screwed....

So things do happen, and sadly the wrong person gets hurt or screwed over...seems to happen alot to people....

44. recon0303

recon0303

as I said I already DID... my card, had said the money is there as of 6am this morning... I did when making this thread I already canceled the dispute. but THEY NEED TO FIX it in 60 days...or my CC will block them again..

45. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

I see so this issue is 60 days old? That will make it pretty tricky to get resolved since the CC provider is preventing it. Unity cannot help you until the CC provider is convinced to allow it.

If they have allowed it, then Unity needs to try to take a payment again.

46. recon0303

recon0303

I said it here, I know there is a lot to go through, but I had already done it.:) I been in business a long time, so I figured this may be the fastest way.. So that is why I did it, I'm not happy about doing it, as Unity is so slow.....and there is interest but I will get the interest back once they refund, I hope they do this time...or it will turn into a bigger mess.

47. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

I agree it's horribly messy, not good for anyone. But it seems, nobody had malicious intent! These things happen I guess.

48. recon0303

recon0303

my CC already paid them.......if Unity would of done there job in 60 days this would of never happen...

49. recon0303

recon0303

as I said I understand this but from experience in my life, I watch what companies do, as I been burned by big companies a few times, and by big business, so I tend to be wary of them....and my experience with Unity has been shaky at best.... I like Unity but it has not always been the best experience...so its about trust at the end of the day.....just like any company, or person/people you deal with.

hippocoder likes this.
  50. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Right so the only thing left is for Unity to attempt to charge your card. So long as your bank 100% knows to expect this charge and not raise a flag again it should happen. Please email unity billing/support with this thread url as well as it may give them some context.

And be nice to people you deal with, always politely escalate to a manager where possible. You already know this, but it can't hurt to diffuse the situation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.