Search Unity

Unity Has Become Broken Beyond Usability

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by MrD69, Aug 25, 2020.

1. MrD69

MrD69

I can't even file a bug report for the issue I am facing, It has been running for 40 minutes and is only 73% complete the process of "packaging report". Are you serious!!??? For 1 paragraph of text and a single image it takes this long to file a report. Unbelievable.
    I can't change the build settings for my project. Every time I click on anything, this loading box pops up preventing me from clicking on anything. It takes 20 minutes some times to load a projects. I am constantly being forced to manually quit the unity editor in the task manager because it freezes for no reason. It crashed earlier and corrupted all the files. I had to spend 2 hours re importing everything. I can't change the import settings of assets in any kind of reasonable time. it takes 2 minutes to change the re import settings for each asset I modify. Changing 1 thing on a single line of code requires a 5 minute re import of the code. It takes forever for the player to start and stop. I can't believe this is a 15 year old product that is built and managed by a team of so called "professional" developers.
    Side note: Why would they remove the in engine asset store? It was so much easier being able to import packages from directly within the engine, but now I have to use a web browser? Why?

Attached Files: