Search Unity

Unity Hardware Statistics

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LordDarkon76, Jan 25, 2018.

1. LordDarkon76

LordDarkon76

I'm trying to check the Hardware Statistics, but the page redirect me to the analytics page.

How can I check them?

2. LordDarkon76

LordDarkon76

3. Ryiah

Ryiah

Unity's hardware statistics page wasn't updating itself. Last statistics on display were from December 2016. If I had to guess they decided to just take them down.

4. Evgeny-Eliseev

Evgeny-Eliseev

Any comments from Unity?
    It was very useful.

5. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

The website does not exist anymore, it now points to their Analytics Service instead. Too bad, Unity hardware statistics used to be insightful resource.

6. Ostwind

Ostwind

7. trucn

trucn

Unity Technologies

Good news! We've brought back some of the data from the old hwstats page in the Operate Dashboard. We have plans to expand our offering in the future and offer more detailed breakdowns and metrics, but this isn't on the near near horizon yet.

If you go to the Unity Dashboard Operate Tab and navigate into any project, it's under Analytics > Market Insights (I know, not super intuitive and don't ask why it's living here :p)
    hwstats-operate.png

The URL path is:
    https://operate.dashboard.unity3d.com/organizations/<YOUR ORG ID HERE>/projects/<YOUR PROJECT ID HERE>/hwstats

Smithy43 likes this.
  8. JJJohan

JJJohan

That's pretty cool. It's unfortunate WebGL isn't listed but I can understand that it probably doesn't expose hardware information.

One thing that'd be a nice addition is a graph for 32-bit/64-bit market share.

9. Murgilod

Murgilod

I'm willing to bet it's even lower than the entire MacOS market share.

10. JJJohan

JJJohan

For games absolutely - unfortunately for us we deal with some public-sector clients i.e. government funded companies so you can imagine the hardware isn't as great. At least they're not using Windows XP anymore. This is especially problematic when targeting WebGL since our application deals with streaming large amounts of data and often the 32-bit browsers / OS can't allocate more than 1GB at most.

11. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

Any plans to make this accessible without having to set up Analytics first?

12. kromenak

kromenak

The "market insight" hardware stats appear to be global, despite being grouped inside of a particular project's data. The same stats appear in both a launched app with thousands of users and in an unused "dummy" project. They also appear despite our particular project not having Unity Analytics turned on.

Just to clarify - I was initially confused; was our app gathering these statistics for us? But we don't have Unity Analytics enabled? They are global stats.

13. trucn

trucn

Unity Technologies

@kromenak These are global stats on devices seen in the Unity network. I'm in total agreement that placement at the Project level is confusing and intuitive, but it's living there in the short-term due to constraints we have.

14. a436t4ataf

a436t4ataf

Bump. The replacement links quoted for this just take me to "advertising Unity extra services" and "blog posts about marketing" pages.

Simple questions: what CPUs are Unity users currently using? ... should be easy to answer. But they're not.

15. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

They won't give you stats if you don't give them your users' data by setting up Analytics in your game first.