Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity Hands Can't Grab

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by grimofdoom, Jan 26, 2020.

1. grimofdoom

grimofdoom

I followed [this] youtube tutorial to get my Oculus Quest to actually work and run (I tried the official course by Oculus for Unity, but it is outdated and just flat out fails to even run with tons of errors). The template works- however, I cannot modify the hands to actually grab any object with {grabbable} script attatched to it. When I run through the hands that Oculus makes show up after verifying developer/app ID from website- there is no grabbable script added to the hands and the prefabs that I search through in the oculus integration package has no prefab that even matches the hands that "localavatar" place in. I tried searching for "LocalAvatarWithGrab"- but it flat out does not exist within oculus integration asset. I did find custom left/right hand both have grabbable and physics set up well; but I cannot figure out how to use those instead of the default.

[EDIT]
    After a bunch of messing around and fails- I found if I put the cutomerlefthand/right into the LeftHandAnchro/right, it just works after deleting the localavatar. Now to just figure out why I can't get collider response from hands... That's for something else.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
  2. izeko2004

izeko2004

Hi. Did you ever get your hands to pick anything up.

I'm using the custom hands and have done as you have above, but they will not pick anything up. All was working before I removed 'localavarar'. I removed this because using custom hands let's you change color of hands, but since then I cant connect with objects.

Thanks