Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Unity gaming services availability by country?

Discussion in 'Unity Gaming Services General Discussion' started by Neohun, Oct 14, 2022.

1. Neohun

Neohun

Hello,
    I have searched all over the internet to check the availability of the unity gaming services by country such as available countries list but I could not find any information about this, basically nothing.. now here is my question: Is there any list to provide us with useful information? the reason why I ask this question is mainly because of China.. I want to expand the game for the Chinese market after the release as you may know it is a huge market, number 1 indeed.. So I have checked and unfortunately Playfab does not work in China so the google admob.. Is unity operates in china for authentication, ads and services or not? This is very very important for me, if it does operate in china flawlessly then I'm gonna use unity instead of playfab.. otherwise there are lots of trouble awaits for us.. Any help is appreciated..

2. CodeSmile

CodeSmile

Hmmm just a suggestion, could you just make a simple setup and test if it works in China with the help of some community members?

3. Neohun

Neohun

Well, this simple setup will take a long time and I have to learn how to set up services and release the game for chinese market etc etc.. since google play does not work there, I have to use another platform for china.. so it is a lot of work and does not make any sense since I can just ask.. just like I have read about the playfab and it does not operate in china for now.. testing every backend with a community is not a good idea and is a complete waste of time..

4. CodeSmile

CodeSmile

Then I probably judged incorrectly how "very very important" it is to you. ;)
    You may want to ask Unity support that question, I'd say they're most likely to answer that question unless someone stops by who happens to have tried (or solved) using UGS in China.

5. Neohun

Neohun

This is the forum for gaming services I always use the related topics to ask questions and developers are very active they'll respond eventually.. And yes Chinese market is important for everyone that's why unity create localized solutions for that market specifically.. but time is the most important thing as you may know.. so just explore before you take action.. it minimizes the wasted time.. thanks for your reply I'll just wait a reply from the developers then..