Search Unity

Bug Unity Gaming Services Analytics build compiler error

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by DirtyFred, Feb 14, 2022.

1. DirtyFred

DirtyFred

Hi,

I have been trying to use the Game Services Analytics beta, but for some reason i cannot make a build.
    The implementation works, the events are triggered, no errors are found in the console.

Once i try to build, it stops with the following error: "Error building Player because scripts had compiler errors"
    In the console there are no other errors. If i remove the unity analytics package, the build succeeds.

The analytics version i use is: "com.unity.services.analytics": "3.0.0-pre.3"
    Unity version 2019.4.30f1c3
    Target platform: Android

Does anyone know how to fix the issue? What other information shall i provide to fix the issue?

Thank you

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Please post the exact error messages. The compiler errors should be listed with the filename and line number. I was able to create a build using Unity 2020.3.18f1 and Unity 2019.4.1f1 for example, without issue using 3.0.0-pre.3. Did you create a Unity Cloud/ProjectID?

3. DirtyFred

DirtyFred

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I have followed this tutorial to set it up: https://docs.unity.com/analytics/LinkingYourProject.html
    I dont have that services dropdown, so i have used the old services tab to link my project. But linking worked, the events are triggered. I have problem only with the build.

Here are the errors:
    Error building Player because scripts had compiler errors

Build completed with a result of 'Failed' in 8 seconds (8230 ms)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent (int,intptr)

UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+BuildMethodException: Error building Player because scripts had compiler errors
    at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+DefaultBuildMethods.BuildPlayer (UnityEditor.BuildPlayerOptions options) [0x002bf] in <0f738ce44a38415980c84a3da5dab2ff>:0
    at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow.CallBuildMethods (System.Boolean askForBuildLocation, UnityEditor.BuildOptions defaultBuildOptions) [0x00080] in <0f738ce44a38415980c84a3da5dab2ff>:0
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent (int,intptr)

4. DirtyFred

DirtyFred

Issue found and fixed.

There were no errors indicating this, but i had some json dlls in my project ("Newtonsoft.Json"). Since i wanted to build for android, i had to remove the one which had android selected in the "Selected platforms for plugin"

Removing that dll, resolved the issue for me.

JeffDUnity3D likes this.
  5. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

One of the first steps in troubleshooting issues like this is to compare to a new/empty project, and compare differences.

6. LivelyUp

LivelyUp

I'm getting exactly the same issue as the OP except that I am building for iOS. I tried removing Newtonsoft JSON from the Packages but that did not help.

What other conflicts might there be with the Analytics package? There is nothing I can find in the editor.log file to help identify the reason for the "compiler errors" and failed build.

TIA

Last edited: Apr 4, 2022
  7. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Please see my previous post.

8. LivelyUp

LivelyUp

Yes, I had seen that. Thank you. I was hoping for something a bit more specific after attempting that process for 2 days with no success.

Similarly, it's frustrating that the error message can't/won't give any clue as to where it failed, no hint of a file or module name. "Compiler errors" with no further detail is not helpful, leading to a multi-day investigation full of trial and error.

I did finally uncover the issue.

9. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

So a new/empty project didn't work either? What was the issue?

10. federicobendinelli

federicobendinelli

I had that problem too on all editor-related files, i just canceled them before definitive build