Search Unity

Unity games crash on notebook GPUs with shared VRAM ??

Discussion in 'Windows' started by StealThePixels, Apr 26, 2016.

1. StealThePixels

StealThePixels

Hi,
    the Windows version of my game runs pretty well on PCs where the GPU has at least 1GB dedicated VRAM, tried both desktop and notebook, Windows 7 and Windows 10.
    It crashes when the VRAM is less than 1GB, and i can understand it may run out of memory due to the polygon count and amount of textures etc.

But.. a betatester of my game has just tried it on an Ideapad Z510 notebook which apparently has 2GB shared VRAM, according to the info on the net i have read.
    2GB >= 1GB so it should be stable !
    It crashes always at the same point, when entering the first actual level with 3D graphics in it.
    Maybe the fact it is shared video memory makes the difference?

I have attached the crash log, is it video memory overflow?

If you want to try running the game to see if it crashes and send me the log, you can grab it from here: http://thebitles.com/download-and-play/The.Bitles.debug.x64.zip

Attached Files:

2. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

This doesn't look like it's out of memory. Do you have any other example GPUs where it crashes and maybe logs from there? This crash happened because the graphics driver crashed (error 0x887A0005). Now, this could be either us doing something wrong with the graphics API or the a driver bug. Could you ask the beta tester to update his GPU drivers?

unityunity