Search Unity

Assets Unity GameLift Sample

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Stanchion, May 29, 2019.

1. Stanchion

Stanchion

I'm currently working on a sample that anyone can use to make automatically scaling servers for their game using GameLift. It currently uses Photon Bolt but it could probably be easily replaced with any Unity server-client networking such as what's included in the Unity FPS sample.

The doc right now shows you how to test locally to verify it is working. Soon steps will be added to set up your own fleet on AWS, along with putting up a "master server" up on Heroku to intermediate requests to put up new server without exposing your keys or opening it up to abuse. Eventually, automatic behavior could be added to it.

On a supplementary basis, I plan to make an "Automatic Client System", which will spin up any number of clients you want for the period you want to property stress testing servers, matchmaking, and scaling solution. This may use Azure due to per minute billing.

Let me know if you're able to follow along the steps so far, get the parts I haven't documented yet working, or have any ideas.

https://github.com/herpdederp/BoltGameLift