Search Unity

Unity Game Siulation for QA tests?

Discussion in 'Unity Game Simulation' started by Jeroen-Chimp, Aug 20, 2020.

1. Jeroen-Chimp

Jeroen-Chimp

Hi,

I was wondering if Unity Game Simulation can also be used for QA tests? So does the simulator give back feedback on exceptions or crashes? Or is it more for balancing the game?

Best regards,

Jeroen

Last edited: Aug 20, 2020
  2. dylanscandinaro

dylanscandinaro

Unity Technologies

Yes, the tool can be used for QA testing. Game Simulation provides an easy way to execute a build many times at scale in the cloud. We've seen customers use this functionality to validate the proper functioning of different components of their game (e.g. a Match-3 developer verified every level could be completed).

We're currently building out better support for QA tests and have an early access program. I'll reach out to you directly.

To anyone else reading this, please get in touch if interested! gamesimulation@unity3d.com.

Claytonious and Jeroen-Chimp like this.
  3. AB-Geni

AB-Geni

Hi, as per my understanding, we can test/simulate our game on the bases of values/settings. That mean it could be used is game configuration/data/settings testing for now. with the following steps

1 - We can set no of parameters/attributes that will be mapped/assigned (on callback) to game level parameters/attributes like running speed, level, game completion_time etc.
    2 - Developer required a game AI/Bot controller that will receive and act on these parameters/attributes value provided by simulation callback and pass to GameplayController and start the game)
    3 - Unity game simulation will start a grid search to make combinations and send parameters/attributes values of each combination to callback method that will be linked to AI/Bot controller and compile results.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Right?