Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity Game Simulation "Build failed"

Discussion in 'Unity Game Simulation' started by SunnyValleyStudio, Jul 25, 2020.

1. SunnyValleyStudio

SunnyValleyStudio

Hi
    I am having problem using Unity Game Simulation. I am following the Unity tutorial https://unity-technologies.github.io/gamesimulation/Docs/Tutorial.html and at the point when I want to "Build and Upload" the project it always throws an error "Error building player because build target was unsupported". The build settings are exactly as they came with the SampleProject downloaded from the tutorial page. I have not changed anything in the project itself. I have the Windows build installed in the hub and I don't see a special module for simulations. What is going on?
    upload_2020-7-25_9-13-13.png

2. shuo_unity

shuo_unity

Unity Technologies

Hello, Unity Game Simulation currently only supports Linux build. On Unity Hub, you can add the Linux Build Support component to a selected version of Unity. Please see https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/BuildSettings.html. Once you have the "Linux Build Support " component installed, you can go to "Window -> GameSimulation -> Build Upload" to create a build and upload to game simulation directly. Hope it helps.

Here is a screenshot of adding Linux Build Support on Unity Hub.
    Screen Shot 2020-07-27 at 6.27.24 PM.png
    Here is a screenshot of the Game Simulation Build Upload Window in the editor.
    Screen Shot 2020-07-27 at 6.28.39 PM.png

SunnyValleyStudio likes this.
  3. GallatyDesigns

GallatyDesigns

4. LaurynPorte

LaurynPorte

Unity Technologies

Hi @GallatyDesigns, thanks for the ask - we'll be updating our docs shortly!