Search Unity

Unity Game project fails to be packaged for the Windows Store

Discussion in 'Windows' started by AiRobotMedia, Jun 13, 2018.

1. AiRobotMedia

AiRobotMedia

Hi everyone.

I am trying to package up my game so I can put it into the windows store. It builds and runs (with a lot of warnings). But when I go to package it, that fails with 1 error and 305 warnings.

I have tried both D3D and XAML builds with the same results.

There is an MSDN forum thread where people have had the same problem, none of the solutions will work for me though as I don't have any of the files mentioned.

My Unity version is 2017.3.1f1
    Using Visual Studio 2017

Here is the error message:

APPX1606 All languages specified in the Language attribute of the Resource element in the app manifest must be supported by the Windows Store. The value of the Resource element is comprised of the value from the Default Language field in the App Manifest Designer and a generated the list of languages based on localized resources in the project. The list of Windows Store app languages is available at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkId=223184.

And warning Messages (sample)

Warning MSB4011 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Microsoft.Makefile.props" cannot be imported again. It was already imported at "C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Microsoft.cpp.props (31,3)". This is most likely a build authoring error. This subsequent import will be ignored.

Warning PRI249 0xdef00520 - Invalid qualifier: DLL-RESOURCES

Warning PRI257 0xdef00522 - Resources found for language(s) 'ab,be,ca,da,de,fa' but no resources found for default language(s): ''. Change the default language or qualify resources with the default language. http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=231899

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

3. AiRobotMedia

AiRobotMedia

Okay.
    The fixes in the other forum thread did not work for me, so I guess I will have to wait.
    Thanks for the information.

4. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Could you elaborate what specifically didn't work?

5. AiRobotMedia

AiRobotMedia

I changed the csproj, added the two lines of xml suggested. recompiled and get the same errors. Tried it with ILTOCPP (or whatever its called) scripting engine, tried it with the .net scripting backend.

6. mat9054

mat9054

I have the same error message when building my game in vs.

APPX1606

It was fine yesterday, only added baked gi and now I have this error message. I have a copy of my project before I baked my scene gi and it is building fine.

7. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

The fix for this is coming very soon to both 2018.1 and 2017.4.

8. mat9054

mat9054

Can you please update us on this thread when it is available?

9. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

10. AiRobotMedia

AiRobotMedia

Yes I have baked scenes as well.

11. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

The fixes landed to Unity 2018.1.6f1 and 2017.4.7f1. These will be released soon. However, there one more piece to the fix: it needs to be fixed in Visual Studio as well. I'm not exactly sure which VS update the fix will land to, but I'm trying to find out.

mat9054 likes this.
  12. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Microsoft tells me the VS update you need is VS 2017 15.8 Preview 3, and it's shipping next week.

mat9054 likes this.
  13. AiRobotMedia

AiRobotMedia

14. mat9054

mat9054

Thank you for letting us know!

15. AiRobotMedia

AiRobotMedia

I have installed

Unity 2018.1.6
    Visual Studio 1017 Preview 3

Still can not get it to build this project (when it actually manages to compile) that passes the wack tests.

Although its not the original error. Maybe I should start a new thread for different error messages.

The whole trying to get this app in to the windows store is a bad experience.

16. AiRobotMedia

AiRobotMedia

Actually it always compiles, its creating the app packages, that is a huge PITA.

17. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

What's the error you're seeing?

18. AiRobotMedia

AiRobotMedia

At the moment its not possible to get a Unity Project into the windows store. Has not been possible for months (that is how long I have been trying).

If you compile with D3D you get one error message.

See this thread https://forum.unity.com/threads/win-store-package-fails-always.538972/

I actually got this to compile once and the store knocked it back because for icons (even though I had every possible icon).

If you compile with XAML

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
    Error The mapping file can't be parsed. The error occurs at line 4794. XXX C:\Users\XXX\Documents\Unity Projects\XXX\Builds\UWP2\XXX\MakeAppx
    Error 0x8007000b - An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. XXX C:\Users\XXX\Documents\Unity Projects\XXX\Builds\UWP2\XXX\MakeAppx
    Error You can't add both "C:\Users\XXX\Documents\Unity Projects\XXX\Builds\UWP2\XXX\obj\x86\Master\PackageUploadLayout\Data\boot.config" and "C:\Users\XXX\Documents\Unity Projects\XXX\Builds\UWP2\XXX\obj\x86\Master\PackageLayout\Data\boot.config" to the output file as "Data\boot.config". XXX C:\Users\XXX\Documents\Unity Projects\XXX\Builds\UWP2\XXX\MakeAppx
    Error Package creation failed. XXX C:\Users\XXX\Documents\Unity Projects\XXX\Builds\UWP2\XXX\MakeAppx

19. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Let's continue the discussion in the other thread as it's not related to the original issue that was raised in this thread.