Search Unity

Unity Game Developer Contest 2016

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Aurore, Nov 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FuzzyQuills

FuzzyQuills

That'll do it. :) Why didn't I think of saying that myself? :D (I guess I haven't used a lot of lights in games for a looong time)

As for my entry, I just submitted an updated package to fix a bug... IT WENT THROUGH CERTS IN UNDER AN HOUR! That's got to be the quickest store validation I've ever seen. :) (My previous submission took 4 hours in certs) So likewise, once microsoft update their servers, my game's here: https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9nblggh5pdx2

EDIT: On top of that, what's your game? :) I do know for one of your previous posts that its in a toy room or something...

Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
  2. FuzzyQuills

FuzzyQuills

Ok... what unity version? Unity versions before 5.2.3 (I think) had a bug where the windows 10 .csproj had the wrong SDK version number, rendering the .csproj files useless. (It was an easy fix though by editing it to be the correct one)

3. AVOlight

AVOlight

:) yea, i think i try to do too much myself...

@slaczky @ex_mi yes this just happened to me, i think its just because of starting at step 3 when you submit your entry and already have a dev account, and then that automatic email reminder is scheduled to be sent a day or so later

Awesome, hope my next submission goes that fast!

if its not what @FuzzyQuills suggested, try to add a bit more info about build settings and Unity and Visual Studio version numbers etc

slaczky likes this.
  4. FuzzyQuills

FuzzyQuills

Well, it's done certs, but it's not store ready (aka. the windows store link in my dashboard currently gives me a 404 error, which is normal I presume of r anew submission) yet... let's see how long that takes.

And speaking of windows store... I was having some major issues with getting the build stable a couple of days ago.
    Now here's the funny part; the solutiopn was to completely wipe both the %temp% folder and the prefetch folder. Built perfectly every time after that! :)

5. ayrton2389

ayrton2389

Hello.
    I received an e-mail from Unity Technologies, telling me the following:

Dear Unity Developer,
    Thank you for your interest in entering the Unity Game Developer Contest 2016! You submitted the 1st form in order to receive a Windows Developer account token, but have not yet entered your game into the contest. This email is a gentle reminder that you will need to complete the final submission form below in order to enter the contest.

The thing is, i already submitted my game to the contest last week. If i try to submit it again, it says "E-mail has already been taken". Any idea what`s happening?

6. AVOlight

AVOlight

@ayrton2389 got the same email a day or so after my submission, but didn't really read it and assumed it was only a automatic reminder
    theres two other users that have posted this as well so that make us 4 that i'm aware of

the part i don't like is
    This needs to fixed!

Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
  7. Huseyin-aslan

Huseyin-aslan

@FuzzyQuills

Thank you, got it.

8. FuzzyQuills

FuzzyQuills

That was also WildLogic's help... :D

9. FuzzyQuills

FuzzyQuills

My game's online now (Note however that it's currently still updating the second one, i.e. my bugfix update hasn't gone through yet): https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9nblggh5pdx2

Also, won't be entering the contest until the update comes, as that update's my contest submission copy.

10. mikhail111777

mikhail111777

Yes, I got the same e-mail. But I also received a contest confirmation e-mail several days ago.

11. FuzzyQuills

FuzzyQuills

Essentially, it's all an automated system; if you've actually done it already, then I guess it's pointless to read any further... :p

12. ex_mi

ex_mi

13. Huseyin-aslan

Huseyin-aslan

Submitted my game, but i keep on getting report, Non-Compliant. Im not sure if windows app certification kit is working right on my local machine or not. Anyone else got this kind of problem before?

Attached Files:

14. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

You need to build using master configuration in Visual Studio, rather than Release.

15. wonderkid

wonderkid

I'm using Unity 5.2.2f1 and Visual Studio Community 2015 Version 14.0.24720.00 Update 1. I can load my game's Windows Phone 8.1 build , but not Windows 10 universal. How can I edit that?

16. Huseyin-aslan

Huseyin-aslan

Ah alright, ill try it now.
    One more question, i have 2 types of files in my package, .appx and appxupload. Which one should i upload the the submission package?

17. Rickywild

Rickywild

You want to upload the .appx

18. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

.appxupload.

The .appx contains only the app - .appxupload contains the app and some additional stuff so they could display callstacks in the dev center in case your app crashes. They're both regular zips, so you can use something like 7-zip to see what's inside.

AVOlight and Rickywild like this.
  19. Rickywild

Rickywild

I've managed to get the keyboard support in there. Although it's not everything I want in there at least you can play with the keyboard for now. Best played with a controller. Changes may take 16 hours to appear but the keyboard guide is showing up for me https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9NBLGGH1Z9KF

20. Huseyin-aslan

Huseyin-aslan

Alright, uploaded the file, now ill just sit and wait. I hope it works

21. Huseyin-aslan

Huseyin-aslan

yeah it updated for me, the keyboard guide is there.
    There is something that annoyed me during the gameplay, its the camera. The camera is locked to the player, so when i jump, the camera rises and couldnt see whats where im going to land on.
    I had the same problem with my game,but i fixed it. Idk if you want to fix it too, just my opinion.

Rickywild likes this.
  22. Rickywild

Rickywild

Can someone tell me what this means exactly?

• Error Found: The app resources validation test detected the following errors:
      • Image reference "Assets\BadgeLogo.png": The image "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\61644wildlogicgames.AttackoftheMutantFishcrows_1.7.2.0_x86__nzjg4bd4qdt1t\Assets\BadgeLogo.scale-200.png" has an ABGR value "0xFFFFBD0C" at position (0, 0) that is not valid. The pixel must be white (##FFFFFF) or transparent (00######).
      • Image reference "Assets\BadgeLogo.png": The image "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\61644wildlogicgames.AttackoftheMutantFishcrows_1.7.2.0_neutral_split.scale-100_nzjg4bd4qdt1t\Assets\BadgeLogo.scale-100.png" has an ABGR value "0xFFFFBD0C" at position (0, 0) that is not valid. The pixel must be white (##FFFFFF) or transparent (00######).
      • Image reference "Assets\BadgeLogo.png": The image "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\61644wildlogicgames.AttackoftheMutantFishcrows_1.7.2.0_neutral_split.scale-125_nzjg4bd4qdt1t\Assets\BadgeLogo.scale-125.png" has an ABGR value "0xFFFFBD0C" at position (0, 0) that is not valid. The pixel must be white (##FFFFFF) or transparent (00######).
      • Image reference "Assets\BadgeLogo.png": The image "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\61644wildlogicgames.AttackoftheMutantFishcrows_1.7.2.0_neutral_split.scale-150_nzjg4bd4qdt1t\Assets\BadgeLogo.scale-150.png" has an ABGR value "0xFFFFBD0C" at position (0, 0) that is not valid. The pixel must be white (##FFFFFF) or transparent (00######).
      • Image reference "Assets\BadgeLogo.png": The image "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\61644wildlogicgames.AttackoftheMutantFishcrows_1.7.2.0_x86__nzjg4bd4qdt1t\Assets\BadgeLogo.scale-200.png" has an ABGR value "0xFFFFBD0C" at position (0, 0) that is not valid. The pixel must be white (##FFFFFF) or transparent (00######).
      • Image reference "Assets\BadgeLogo.png": The image "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\61644wildlogicgames.AttackoftheMutantFishcrows_1.7.2.0_neutral_split.scale-400_nzjg4bd4qdt1t\Assets\BadgeLogo.scale-400.png" has an ABGR value "0xFFFFBD0C" at position (0, 0) that is not valid. The pixel must be white (##FFFFFF) or transparent (00######).
    So far I've ignored this because it hasn't prevented the app from installing or working. As I understand it, it seems to be telling me to use a completely white or transparent image for the above references? Which can't be right, who'd want a complete white or transparent image to represent their game. I don't understand it if i'm honest,anyone know what's going off with his?

23. Rickywild

Rickywild

Good to hear. Yeah a few people have pointed this out, it's on the list of things to fix. I've been ignoring it so far, just to see how many people actually point it out

Huseyin-aslan likes this.
  24. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Afaik, badge images aren't part of normal icons - they get shown in notifications that come from your app. They must be white/transparent.

25. Huseyin-aslan

Huseyin-aslan

@Tautvydas Zilys how can i view my app in store if its just for mobiles? I dont own a windows phone

26. Rickywild

Rickywild

Thanks

27. FuzzyQuills

FuzzyQuills

28. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

You can still navigate to your app on desktop, it will just not let you download it. Though, I am interested how you made the game for mobiles without testing it :).

29. Huseyin-aslan

Huseyin-aslan

Well i tested it on my desktop, since its universal it should be the same on mobile as well. Yet im worried i may be wrong :p But ofc i did test it on android and iOS devices and it worked fine.

30. Huseyin-aslan

Huseyin-aslan

I was going to try your game, but you actually put it for 0.99$ xD is that even allowed for this contest?

31. Astarorr

Astarorr

Hello!
    Am i allowed to participate in contest with app available only by direct link in store?
    I'm experiencing troubles with Json in .Net build (can use it only in IL2CPP build) and i don't want to make game publicly available without IAPs, but still want to try my luck and participate in contest.

Thank you in advance!

32. AVOlight

AVOlight

@Astarorr Hey, it doesn't say that its not allowed, and you don't really have anything to lose entering the contest except time :)

33. FuzzyQuills

FuzzyQuills

Well, someone else's entry here's something like $9.99, although atm, there's a price cut to $4.99, presumably for the contest... :D

EDIT: Also, wouldn't the judges only need one copy to judge the game? ;)

34. Huseyin-aslan

Huseyin-aslan

haha yeah, they need one copy, but i dont think they'll buy it xD they can use it for free.

BTW here is my game: https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9nblggh5p96m
    its only for mobiles tho

35. FuzzyQuills

FuzzyQuills

Interesting... :) Don't have an ARM windows 10 device though. :/ (Who here has a Raspberry Pi that can run it? :p)

As for mine, I'm willing to bet that Microsoft's going to go and pull out the game from the server out the back for judging. :p Joking aside... having a paid app there shouldn't be a problem for them. :)

36. mechangel

mechangel

@Tautvydas Zilys
    Do you know how to get Visual Studio to produce the appxupload? Mine is only creating appxbundle and appxsys files in the output folder. It wasn't giving any errors, and passed the tests after I fiddled with icons all night, at least. The documentation seems to indicate that I should be getting an appxupload, so I don't know if it's a setting in Unity of VS that I have to look for. https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/hh454036.aspx

37. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

When you create the app package via Visual Studio, make sure you create it for upload to the Windows Store:

upload_2016-2-3_15-22-54.png

38. mechangel

mechangel

Yes, I always leave that checked and it signs me in with my account. It still only outputs appxbundle however, and the successful package output folder it generates has "test" at the end.
    output.PNG

39. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

The .appxupload file usually gets placed 1 directory up from what you showed. It is not there?

I'm not exactly sure how appx bundles work - they seem to get created when you have multiple asset sizes. Maybe you can upload those too?

40. mechangel

mechangel

I did try, but got an error from the upload site that says I need to upload the appxupload when I upload the appxbundle! I did the "build packages for Store" process about 12 times in different folders so far; hoping little tweaks to the solution could trigger it , no luck yet though.

41. Huseyin-aslan

Huseyin-aslan

@Tautvydas Zilys

Hey, im facing a problem updating my game, in submission 2, while uploading and analyzing the package, it shows this error: "Package acceptance validation error: Apps are not allowed to have a Version with a revision number other than zero specified in the app manifest." Any idea how to solve it?

42. AVOlight

AVOlight

@Huseyin.aslan In your project in Visual Studio -> View -> Solution Explorer -> Package.appxmanifest -> Packing Tab -> Version: Major: 1+ Minor: 1+ Build: 1+

43. AVOlight

AVOlight

@mechangel when you go through Store->Create App Packages... you get to specify the output folder, the .appxupload get put in that folder

if its not there then i would create an empty project in Unity and build it to Windows Store Universal, and check that solutions properties and Package.appxmanifest file to compare

44. Huseyin-aslan

Huseyin-aslan

I tried it many times, but it didnt work

45. AVOlight

AVOlight

@Huseyin.aslan sorry i missed this part in your post
    right click the Package.appxmanifest -> Open With -> XML (Text) Editor

on line 3 find Version="1.1.1.0" the last one must always be zero (pretty sure that's it)

Huseyin-aslan likes this.
  46. Huseyin-aslan

Huseyin-aslan

Thank you so much, worked for me!

47. mechangel

mechangel

Ran Create App Packages for the store on a blank project with just a cube in it from Unity. I got the exact same results, with only a folder called "testapp_1.1.1.0_Master_Test " in it, and the appxbundle in that folder just like with my contest submission solution. The only thing I can think of to do is reinstall Visual Studio and hope my first install was just broken somehow.

48. AVOlight

AVOlight

@mechangel when i upgraded to Visual Studio 2015 with Update 1 i had to repair my installation of VS after, and restart my computer because Package.appxmanifest would get stuck on Loading...

yea i think reinstall/repair is next thing to try

49. mechangel

mechangel

This is a terrible place to get stuck and not be able to submit a package, I don't know where else to try looking for help since I seem to be the only one with this problem right now. I reinstalled Visual Studio 2015 , Enterprise trial this time since I had Community before. I'm still getting the wrong output with a blank test project! I am using Unity patch 5.3.2p2 now, I wonder if I have to roll back but I was excited to see that patch had fixes for screen resolution in UWP. output.PNG

50. FuzzyQuills

FuzzyQuills

Weird... could you show me your projects root folder structure? It might be a good idea if you can send me your project in a zip, in case something in the solution's doing it. There seriously shouldn't be a need to ditch Community for Enterprise, since I have community, and it builds fine.

Also, are you sure the unity build window looks like this?
    upload_2016-2-4_12-29-49.png
    With those settings (apart from the XAML/D3D setting, that can be anything you like) it should build the universal 10 app properly. For the record, mine took like an hour to build to all the targets, but at the end, I had an appxbundle, appxupload, and a few other files for side-loading the app to another device. :)

With that said though, who wants a tutorial? I have time to write one if anyone wants it. :) Be quick replying to this though as we've only got a few days before Feb 10th!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.