Search Unity

Unity Game Developer Contest 2016

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Aurore, Nov 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zed-321

Zed-321

The email says: "Complete the attached Declaration of Compliance ("Declaration"). Please fully complete the Declaration and return a signed original to HelloWorld, the administrator of this promotion. You'll find the fax number on top of the Declaration. It must be received within five (5) calendar days of this email. If you do not return your Declaration within this timeframe, you will forfeit your prize."

Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
  2. noob101

noob101

I did not receive anything , so I guess am out . I got 1350 downloads without marketing and was hoping to get a license

I would add the fax as the second best joke behind the porting manual. ;)

3. Deozaan

Deozaan

Just thought I'd mention that even if you didn't win one of the prizes or honorable mentions, most of us who entered also got a free Microsoft Developer account out of it. So it's not a total loss.

And that's not to mention the knowledge/experience gained in publishing to the Windows Store. :)

kdf and Nihil688 like this.
  4. Zed-321

Zed-321

Scanned docs is acceptable.

5. ayrton2389

ayrton2389

Yep, i can confirm that. Sent two mails to them, and they both said it was acceptable.

6. kdf

kdf

I'll second that. The experience of publishing UWP apps for the Windows 10 ecosystem is priceless.
    I submitted two apps to the competition, and I had a rough time testing in the emulator. What I would really appreciate is if MS would consider handing out low end windows 10 test devices to the participants of this competition because testing on a physical device is the only way one can be sure there are no real bugs in your app, and the UX is working as designed.

Just a thought.

7. slaczky

slaczky

8. Rickywild

Rickywild

Me neither,looks like some great android/os ports won! Standalone builds were probably never considered. Learned a few things along the way,so not a complete waste of time

9. Nihil688

Nihil688

What do you mean by standalone? The games should work for both PC and mobile

10. Deozaan

Deozaan

I'm pretty sure WildLogicGames meant games that weren't originally Android/iOS ports. For example, ports of "Standalone" (desktop/laptop PC) games, or games made specifically for the Windows Store.

11. Nihil688

Nihil688

Sure, just wanted to make sure. Well it's always about the amount of work that each has put in their games. So ports would have more time to be worked on. Our game was pretty early in development so we decided to focus on Windows Store from the get go.

Rickywild likes this.
  12. Rickywild

Rickywild

Yes what Deozaan said. I never ported the game to work on a Windows/Android/OS phone. It's intended for PC and console platform. I thought the competition was for any platform specific game, as long as it worked on the Windows store as the end result. All i'm saying is, it seems like the competition was more aimed at the mobile market, windows phone games and that the ones that have won look great.

13. ayrton2389

ayrton2389

So.... it`s 31st of march. Have the winners been announced? Is there a highlight reel or something?

14. Nihil688

Nihil688

Nothing yet as far as I can see

15. Deozaan

Deozaan

16. Nihil688

Nihil688

Just saw! Congrats all!

17. Andrew_at_That_Wonderful_Lemon_Co

Andrew_at_That_Wonderful_Lemon_Co

18. Infernospeed

Infernospeed

19. yasen-d

yasen-d

Congrats to the winners! But also, good job to all other participants! I'd say, participating is in itself a win and a step in the right direction, so don't let not-winning affect your morale negatively. We'll do better next time! :)

(First post, wohoo! Wait, can I mention my entry in my first post in the forums or would that look uncool? Ah, I hope you wouldn't think badly of me. :))

My entry is a 2d space flight game: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/games/doomflight/9nblggh5p79b

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  20. p0w1nd

p0w1nd

I didn't make it :(
    Congrats to all the winners :)

SabrinaCane likes this.
  21. Pawl

Pawl

Hey all, just curious -- who won this contest in 2016? Couldn't find the results posted online anywhere.

SabrinaCane likes this.
  22. SabrinaCane

SabrinaCane

Ye that sounds like a scam :/ If I ever get calls where they want me to tell them personal info like that I always tell them I will call them back directly myself and go through it with them. I also check numbers on here https://scam-numbers.co.uk to see if anyone else has had the same thing. Even if it is a legit number it could be spoofed, had that with my internet provider before :/

23. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Locking as this thread is ancient and no legit posts make sense here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.