Search Unity

Unity Game Developer Contest 2016 .... really?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Eths, Dec 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eths

Eths

Someone told me that, I might do it :D

2. stevehbin

stevehbin

It honestly most likely comes down to the law wherever they are. For example, where I live a juvenile has to have permission from a parent or have a parent sign to enter certain contests.

I would assume that it has more to do with laws than Unity just deciding you have to be 18 or older.

GarBenjamin and Eths like this.
  3. stevehbin

stevehbin

That might work but I wouldn't be too vocal about it. ;)

Eths likes this.
  4. Eths

Eths

I see! I understood now !

Same, that's why I decided not to join it afterall, I guess I will just wait for an other contest to come out :D

5. stevehbin

stevehbin

Well, good luck in all you do!

Eths likes this.
  6. Eths

Eths

thanks steve!

7. Farelle

Farelle

good luck and keep moving :D

Eths likes this.
  8. Eths

Eths

Thank you Farelle <3 :D

9. Code to Reality Studios

Code to Reality Studios

I am smarter than my parents and more mature than most adults considering I never really had a childhood. I was always either having conversations with adults, working on many jobs, figuring out finances, taking college classes, or taking care of my mother when she gets drunk. I have always needed to be an adult in the househood otherwise we would have been screwed. I get groceries, I work, I drive, I even have to pay some of the bills. I have never taken an IQ test but I know more than all of my teachers at my school. I even have to teach the class sometimes.

If that does not meet your expectations for a person who knows more than their parents, I don't know what does.

Eths likes this.
  10. Code to Reality Studios

Code to Reality Studios

Good luck Eths! :)

Eths likes this.
  11. Eths

Eths

thank you! <3 you guys are great :D

12. Eths

Eths

:O :O you remind me of myself :O :O :D

13. neginfinity

neginfinity

Dude, that's not maturity or being smarter. That's absolute minimum requirements for being considered a person and having tiniest shred of responsibility. You're doing what you're supposed to do to be doing to begin with and you let get that into your head apparently.

"being ahead of program", "knowing more than teachers" (heck that one is easy, because they don't say everything they know in the class to begin with), "talking to adults" etc, that kind of thing is completely worthless. You need experience with life and people and they don't teach you that into school, college, and university.
    Heck, it is not even about being smart, it is about having lived long enough and having experienced lots of stuff (bad stuff mostly).

You're just getting there, don't get full of yourself.

14. ostrich160

ostrich160

Not actually true at all, when I was 13 I won a big contest to design a toy (look up Putty Monsters), I got about £8k for that in total, I saved quite a bit of that and the rest I had some fun with
    I dont know what you expect to happen, they just collapse at the thought of that much money?
    Im sure the reason is legal more than anything else

15. Farelle

Farelle

btw. regarding "not being able to handle money responsible....what does that even mean ?XD

16. Aurore

Aurore

Director of Real-Time Learning

If you have any questions please use the forum thread.

This is actually a legal restriction for providing cash prizes to minors. You can enter with the permission of a legal guardian, if you are to win a prize, it would be awarded to them to distribute to you.

And on that note, this thread is closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.