Search Unity

Unity game asks about cookie collection permission every time I run the game

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by jjoker8, Apr 17, 2019.

1. jjoker8

jjoker8

Hello, I've just implemented Unity Ads, my game is not on Google Play yet. Every time I run the game and call to show ad, the white window pops-up with question: "Can the Unity cookie collect and use your data to tailor your ads and experience?". Even if I accept it, it will ask it again and again, every time I run the game. After I publish the game on the Google Play it will ask about it all the time like now? Or it will ask only once? It's so annoying that i consider implementing Google adMob instead :(.

2. senghoff

senghoff

Same here

3. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

@jjoker8, @senghoff

There was an issue with the Unity Consent dialog this week that caused this behavior. The engineering team did roll out a fix.

Are you still seeing this behavior? If so, is it only with test ads or with live ads as well?

4. senghoff

senghoff

Regrettably the problem persists, the prompt still shows repeatedly

5. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

6. senghoff

senghoff

A support request was submitted to the Unity Ads Support team at the address mentioned above, but no response has so far been received. How do we best progress the matter?

7. senghoff

senghoff

We have conducted further verification of the issue and the issue appears to be device specific. Of three Android devices tested, only the Samsung Galaxy S8 is affected. Other devices show the prompt only once.

8. IcyHammer

IcyHammer

We are having the same issue on iPhone8. The dialog keeps poping up.

9. jjoker8

jjoker8

Now problem is fixed, but there is next problem: If that pop-up window doesn't appear, ads are not loading. In result ads are shown only first time after instalation or after phone reset.

10. Adbug

Adbug

I ain't got any unity apps or games and I keep getting the message. Do I press accept, because I keep getting it popup while I play my other games.

11. Adbug

Adbug

Its pissing me off now, I cant even record my gameplay anymore cause these stupid adverts keep popping up. It's even started to effect me watching videos on Facebook. How can I get rid of it.

12. Soaphog

Soaphog

This still happens on all of our Android devices with Unity Ads 3.1.1. Any solutions?

13. unity_xQTFxjSZJhHxYQ

unity_xQTFxjSZJhHxYQ

I have a different issue. Consent window it appears only the first time, but when i press "Accept" or anything that send data, stuck there with an infinite loading. But if I clear the app from the task manager and reopen it, then it shows me ads correctly. Has anyone else the same issue?

14. Callie-Zhu

Callie-Zhu

Unity Technologies

Hi, this should only happen when Test Mode is ON. Can you please turn Test Mode off and try again?

If it persists, kindly please send an email to unityads-support@unity3d.com along with any related information.

15. Callie-Zhu

Callie-Zhu

Unity Technologies

This should not be the case. Could you please send an email to unityads-support@unity3d.com with the repro steps?

16. dvoracekm6

dvoracekm6

Is anyone still having this issue? I just implemented Unity reward videos and everytime I want to watch add in Android build it wants my agreement again and again. Tried both with test mode and no test mode. Still the same issue.

17. unity_i8urxwRofLLrtg

unity_i8urxwRofLLrtg

@ap-unity So I see everyone talking about the Unity Adverts, Now the problem I have had this week is I don't have any app currently installed on my phone anymore and still while on basic apps (pre-installed apps) on the phone I get adverts. I was sending a text message this morning and I have an advert for "Final Fantasy XV A New Empire". Now as I see it if I don't have any apps installed that use unity adverts how is it I am get these pop ups of consistent adverts ? Thank you in advance. Kind Regards, Daniel.

18. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

Hi Daniel,

I'm sorry to hear that's happening. It is likely an app on your phone that is running in the background and showing ads without your permission.

I posted some instructions in another thread explaining how to find which app is showing the ads. Once you know the app, you should be able to uninstall it.
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/random-unity-ads-from-background-apps.610777/