Search Unity

Bug Unity freezes when refreshing assets on M1 MacBook Pro (2021.3.10f1)

Discussion in 'Asset Database' started by staringatlights, Sep 17, 2022.

1. staringatlights

staringatlights

Using Unity 2021.3.10f1 (Apple Silicon), but this problem has been occurring since I started using my M1 with Unity.

When I make any change to my code, and come back to Unity to refresh assets, I get the spinning beachball of death. Unity CPU is at 0% and is completely frozen. I can force quit and reopen Unity, and it compiles and works fine until the next asset refresh.

Does anyone know anything I can do to try to diagnose this issue? Its completely unusable on my M1 MacBook Pro.

I am using JetBrains Rider 2022.2.2, and my project is using the DOTS 0.51 experimental packages. It's not happening with a new project but I have no idea where to begin debugging this.

Edit: Appears to be something to do with having a subscene (I am using the experimental NetCode package). If I have ANYTHING inside of a subscene the freeze occurs.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2022
  2. TobiasThomsen

TobiasThomsen

Unity Technologies

3. In2Play

In2Play

Not sure if it's related only to refreshing assets. It happens to me completely random, but luckily this isn't happening frequently (like 1 times a day on average).