Search Unity

Unity Free Splash Orientation incorrect after 4.5.1f3

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by GlickWick, Jun 30, 2014.

1. GlickWick

GlickWick

After upgrading to 4.5.1f3 the mandatory Unity splash screen has been using the incorrect orientation. Regardless of the Player Settings, it always ends up Portrait. My current apps are set to Landscape (Right), but the splash screen now ignores this and is Portrait regardless. Definitely will result in a confusing user experience..

Can fix it manually by replacing the images, but I'm sure this will trigger the tamper protection. Been running into a lot of minor iOS regressions this release, which makes me concerned about the future of iOS in Unity in general..

Last edited: Jun 30, 2014
  2. Mantas-Puida

Mantas-Puida

Please try removing the app from test device and when exporting Xcode project from Unity choose "replace" instead of appending. If problem still persists, please submit a bugreport! If confirmed we will put fix in next patch release.
    Thanks!

3. MindLaunch

MindLaunch

Unity Technologies

Hey,

I have tested this and it doesn't seem to reproduce for me, could you add a project that behaves like this?

Regards,
    Mindaugas
    QA Team

4. GlickWick

GlickWick

The first thing I did was try "replace" instead of append. If I go into the generated content for the ios project, I can see that only Portrait splash screens are imported.

I filed a bug report within the editor: 616924

Last edited: Jul 1, 2014