Search Unity

Feedback Unity Forum with "Best Answer" feature and highlights

Discussion in 'Meta-forum Discussion' started by M4dR0b, May 7, 2021.

1. M4dR0b

M4dR0b

Y-Hello there,

I'm almost entirely sure this feedback has probably already been proposed, but it doesn't hurt to try.

What would you say if Unity Forum had a feature similar to StackOverflow, to make the author of a thread chose and highlight the best answer/answers? I don't think the "like" system is working as intended, it feels half finished and seems is just there like those social API to like blog posts. I believe it could be useful, especially in longer threads.

2. JoNax97

JoNax97

Se already had that, it was (technically still is) called Unity Answers.

Sadly It's practically abandoned.

3. Lurking-Ninja

Lurking-Ninja

Approximately half of the people who is asking questions can't differentiate between good and bad answers. Sometimes they don't understand the question, so understanding the answer is light-years away.

4. M4dR0b

M4dR0b

I agree with you, but is not a new concept, is something that has already pass the proof of work case, like SO or many others helping websites. Could be useful especially in "Resolved" thread and I think it could engage more the community to give better formatted answers.

5. M4dR0b

M4dR0b

ahahah oh right, forgot all about UnityAnswer lol

That's why maybe would be better to fuse the 2 instead of differentiating the 2 services

6. JoNax97

JoNax97

I'm not sure the forum format is compatible with the Q&A format. Discussions tend to be linear and replies build upon each other. Bumping a response up the thread to highlight it as 'correct' kinda destroys that

7. M4dR0b

M4dR0b

This is true also, but once the right discussion has been made, maybe highlight the whole trail?(I know it could potentially and quickly become a mess) Idk I'm just imagining that some of the posts could make use of it to give quick access, but I agree with you. It would probably need a tweak and can't be exactly like the Q&A system.

JoNax97 likes this.
unityunity