Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity forum replies to comments are hidden

Discussion in 'Meta-forum Discussion' started by ericbintner, Jul 29, 2019.

1. ericbintner

ericbintner

Why are replies to comments hidden in the Unity answers form? I'm finding it difficult to learn because I can only see parts of answers to questions. Plus I don't understand why all replies would be hidden.

What is the Unity answers forum and why is it different?

2. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

Community Engagement Manager PSM

Hi there,

There is an ongoing issue where comments are hidden. This is a bug and not intended, which the third party who hosted the site is still looking into. You can find updates here: https://forum.unity.com/threads/technical-problem-unity-answers.711803/

Unity Answers is slightly different from the forums in that it just acts as a troubleshooting portal for any problems that arise with Unity - you can search it for the answer you are looking for, or post your own questions and get it there.

You can do this on the forums too, provided the question is posted in the correct place.

3. ericbintner

ericbintner

Ok thanks. Until this is resolved I believe I will be unable to learn how use point lights. In the meantime I'll have to fake a VR presentation by doing screen capture Blender since I can't figure out basic lighting.

4. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

Community Engagement Manager PSM

SparrowGS likes this.