Search Unity

Unity Forum moderators are being annoying

Discussion in 'Meta-forum Discussion' started by kloveridgeLLL, Feb 11, 2020.

1. kloveridgeLLL

kloveridgeLLL

I posted a question about a installation issues in the general forum. I didn't see the "obvious" forum to post the question to. Instead of getting an answer, someone (I assume a moderator) erased my question and sent me a alert, "inappropriate forum." Good job guys. No forwarding. No nothing.

I rarely have every posted a question in Unity's forums as it feels like its usually very unresponsive anyway. My question was one of desperation and I had hoped it might be better these days. Nope.

Good job guys.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
  2. EternalMerodach

EternalMerodach

That is probably because the forum description says it all "Discuss Unity & game development. This is NOT a support forum."

These forums are not the place to look for support and you should contact unity support to solve your issue.

3. Ryiah

Ryiah

This, and it's important to understand that the number of threads coming into this section because someone either didn't see the fine print, didn't read it if they saw there was fine print, or are just flat out ignoring it are way more plentiful than people realize.

By the way there are multiple tiers of moderation happening here. Our actual "moderators" are made up completely of volunteers. None of them are paid to handle their jobs and barring abuse of their privileges it's up to them whether they respond before locking. That said most of the time there is a response left.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
    hippocoder likes this.
  4. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Actually I think Ryiah should moderate. That sounds like a cool idea to me, I'm gonna pass it on.

5. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

EternalMerodach likes this.
  6. neginfinity

neginfinity

In all honesty this forum section could use a working spam filter.

I mean weight loss, enlargement pills, and black magic adverts get annoying eventually. And reporting posts for spam for some bizzare reason has 30 second waiting time.

7. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Moved to meta forum.

8. zombiegorilla

zombiegorilla

Your post was could have either going in general support or hub, both of which are fairly obvious choices. And as noted, the description of General Discussion specifically says not for support.

If you post in the wrong forum, and no one has responded to your question your post deleted and you are PM of that fact, which you were. If others have responded, it is moved and you are notified that it was.