Search Unity

Unity for Ubuntu

Discussion in 'Linux' started by kevinillo4, Feb 7, 2018.

1. kevinillo4

kevinillo4

Hello I want to start working in a unity project on Ubuntu. I want to know which (Ubuntu, Linux and unity) version should I use.
    Thanks.

2. i_am_kisly

i_am_kisly

что у вас есть?

3. mageaster

mageaster

Well... I'm using Ubuntu 16.04.3 and Unity 2017.2, everything works pretty well.

4. rjakob13

rjakob13

I use Linux Mint 18.3 and the only issue I have is the slow processing of mouse move events when the cursor is locked and hidden - which seems to be a very personal and specific problem nobody else encounters according to the feedback I got.

5. mosaic_school

mosaic_school

Ubuntu 17.10.1 works great as well. At least with the latest Unity3D Linux Beta 2017.3.0p2.

6. kevinillo4

kevinillo4

Thanks. Can I export/import the projects from windows unity editor to linux unity editor?

7. Latty

Latty

There should be no need to export - just open the files in the Linux editor and they should work just as they did in the Windows one - I work with developers on the Windows version, while I am using the Linux version - all in the same git repository.

Obviously, you will need to keep the versions in sync, version changes will result in the usual process.

kevinillo4 likes this.