Search Unity

Unity for school project: identical license key for all computers possible?

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by stemselb, Jan 12, 2020.

1. stemselb

stemselb

Hi,

I'm planning to use Unity for a school project.

a) Do I need the educational version/license of Unity or can I use the personal version of Unity on the computers at the school?
    b) The computers will have no individual installations of Unity as one image of the operating system will be deployed to all computers from time to time. Is it possibly to use *one* key that I can use on the image? Or is it only possible to have one license key for every single computer?

Thank you!

Stefan

2. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

A single license key is limited to 2 computers at the same time, intended for a single individual to be able to use the same key on a primary and secondary computer without issue. It won't work having an entire classroom on the same license.

You should contact Unity about this, as the description sounds like this is actually on behalf of the school, which assuming the school has typical school revenue means the school does not qualify for the personal or even Plus license. Instead would need a series of Pro licenses. But the school may also qualify for the education program where they get licensing for free. Again contact Unity and describe your use case and the school in more detail and they should be able to help you out.