Search Unity

“unity for Embedded”Version, what is it?In the 4.1.1 version

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by hxsdup1, Mar 23, 2013.

1. hxsdup1

hxsdup1

unity for Embedded, what is it?In the 4.1.1 version, "unity for Embedded" appeared?What does it mean?I in a forum where someone uploaded images below

$19999.jpg

I want to know the "unity for Embedded" What is the difference with the "unity pro" version?

2. MikeUpchat

MikeUpchat

That's quite some license you purchased there.

3. hxsdup1

hxsdup1

?unity for Embedded ?I do not quite understand the meaning of your words?This image is what I see from other forum, my trial, so there is no authorized

4. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

I suspect this is a cracked copy of Unity, in which case the serial number and license type will be meaningless. I've emailed you to get your order number so we can figure out what exactly is going on. If it's a legit license, then if you follow-up with the exact serial number we can look up the order/trial and work out what's going on. Could be a bug in the display of the license type - that combination of licenses is very very very rare and a quick regex search for the serial didn't find anything.

5. hxsdup1

hxsdup1

This program is a crack it? Really surprised me, I thought it was unity3d for wp8. I am very disappointed, I decided to continue to try to wait until the, unity3d launch unity3d for wp8 or windows 8

6. hxsdup1

hxsdup1

I want to know when the unity promises (from last year commitment to support the develop wp8 and windows' game), the results I have now bought a nokia 920 and surface RT unity3d can not honor their commitments, do I want to learn C # + SL??? I am very disappointed

7. Dreamora

Dreamora

Unity recently opened up beta testing registration for the Windows 8 / Windows 8 RT platform (so I guess that means Windows Store on x86 + ARM). I guess with that being on such a late stage already, WP8 is much closer than any other platform recently announced (Blackberry for example)

I'm also pretty sure that these platforms are a major pain to support due to the sandbox paranoia. Just cause these platforms are native code does not mean that they are simple to support (I develop for WP7 which is .NET4 + SL and it has the hell nothing to do with development as you normally have it to heavily modified frameworks and security limitations that make SL on the web look like an open unlimited platform)

Also I don't see how your C# + SL comment fits in as SL can't create games, even less 3D ones. You would need to learn C++ + DX11 to go there

8. hxsdup1

hxsdup1

Thank you for your reply and suggestions, as if I poured a pot of cold water:sad:

9. goat

goat

If you're at those type forums be careful you don't get a Trojan. There is not really a legitimate reason to post such an image except in forums as proof of a crack.

10. Annihlator

Annihlator

I would be very, very curious how this mister managed to purchase an embedded devices version without even knowing what the heck it's for.
    especially since he seems to also be a member of the quite exclusive xb360 and ps3 developer-community.

But at least this obvious case isn't right on the official forums asking his question in such a format...
    oh wait. it is.

Not to be offensive, but also if i look through the person's general forum history...
    I also sense a lack of general intelligence... which quite disturbs me.
    Not because he's a newb, but the messages in the "flow" thread weren't composed by more then a twofold brain cells either.

11. hxsdup1

hxsdup1

$be8.jpg
    Above pictures I registered a free 30-day trial of the pro version of the user's authorization screenshots."Unity for Embedded" is the real version of it?This version is it? ? ?

12. hxsdup1

hxsdup1

Reply from the style of your pieces, you're obviously a veteran, I'm a newb, I hope you tell what ", it is mainly to support what equipment? Psp 3000? The Lego robot?

yes, I participated in a plug-in "flow pro" buy, I mainly use it to show a part of my graduation work.

13. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

The questionnaire is just about what areas you are interested in. We don't have a "Unity for embedded systems" product. The EULA does prohibit the use of Unity for embedded systems. I suspect the questionnaire is about marketing gauging how big the market for embedded applications is.

As far as I know the 30-day trial will not give you the screenshot you posted at the start of this thread.

14. hxsdup1

hxsdup1

As far as I know the 30-day trial will not give you the screenshot you posted at the start of this thread.

Obviously, you are a long long time ago, the attention of users, if you sign up for a user, in the near future, you will see all the information in my screenshot. Not everyone in the company seems unity3d own products and reported enthusiasm and concern