Search Unity

1. Are you interested in providing feedback directly to Unity teams? Sign up to become a member of Unity Pulse, our new product feedback and research community.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity Foot IK Animation

Discussion in 'Animation' started by richman-stewart, Jul 16, 2018.

1. richman-stewart

richman-stewart

Hey, there's a little IK button in the preview panel in the Mechanim animator window. When you click that button, foot IK gets enabled in the preview panel.
    Is there any way to enable that in game?

Clicking the button doesn't seem to have it run the same in game. Is it even supposed to work?
    Maybe it's not working because I'm overriding the OnAnimatorIK function? But even if we remove that, we still can't get it to work.

There's no documentation anywhere for any of this stuff, so this might just be wishful hoping. We'd rather not use an asset store solution to get it working. The IK displayed in the preview panel works perfectly, we just need to get it running in game.

Any ideas?

2. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Confirm the rig type is humanoid.

If so - it might be the override IK.

Also confirm - I believe there is IK on/off settings on animation import.

3. richman-stewart

richman-stewart

Yep, all that is on.

We finally found it though. In the animator, when you click on a state, it has a toggle for Foot IK (tested on Unity 5.6).

Jesus christ we've scoured google and couldn't find anything about this haha. For future visitors, I hope you're happy now! The worst part was we weren't sure if it existed or not, but now we know it does.

4. DeadSeraph

DeadSeraph

OH MY GOD THANK YOU

5. farkhadkasimov92

farkhadkasimov92

you are my hero! Thank you!

unityunity