Search Unity

Unity Flash Showtime!

Discussion in 'Flash' started by Wozik, Dec 22, 2011.

1. SPINFALL

SPINFALL

Kudos to all the game designers here!
    Seeing all these games is great, I'm totally hopped up.

Here is Frog on Ice

http://www.spinfall.com/games/frog-on-ice/

Frog on Ice is a super cool, frog-slinging, side-scrolling adventure.
    Jump, swing and fly across dangerous pits, falling platforms and other such hazards. Battle five bosses to reign supreme thwart the evil Ice Wizard's plans.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
  2. Andrew Enquist

Andrew Enquist

slaughterhouse and a lot of rocket fuel :p

FLASH BUILD HERE

[wasd + space]

Regards!

3. petrucio

petrucio

Behold, the Biomorphzator! Inspired by the biomorphs of Richard Dawkins, introduced in his book The Blind Watchmaker.
    It was done in just three nights, because my original entry, The Dungeonzator!, took an arrow to the knee on the Flash front.

At this stage it's more a toy then a game - but it's surprising how such simplicity can drag your time away.
    I intent to add symmetry and some actual genes instead of complete randomness to it, and motors and springs to make them try to stumble about. This will allow me to have the player artificially select and evolve them, like Richard's biomorphs, and also select and evolve them based on 'moving fitness' - and maybe add some multiplayer goodness and biomorph races! ... :)

The flash build has some instability and control issues, I recommend the standard webplayer if you are just checking it out.
    Flash build here
    WebPlayer build here

4. Anxox

Anxox

When I found out about this contest, I thought of an old game I once made in flash a few years ago. It was all 3d looking but it was in 2D, to rotate the background I would play image sequences back and forth. When I found out about this, I thought "what a perfect time to remake the game".

So I changed the Theme from Samurais and Ninjas attacking to Japanese Sword fighting and I wanted to make the controls a little different then treditional hitting button games. So I made it so that you mimic the move with the mouse that you would like your character to make.

Exsample: if you want to block and incoming attack on the left side of your body with your sword, you just click and drag the mouse down on the left side of the character to get him to block.

Great Entries,this has been a lot of fun.

Enjoy!

Play the game:
    http://www.angryarray.com/Sites/Katana.html

Keys: Use your Mouse to swipe around on the screen to strike and block.

Play link again so you don't have to scroll up, WOOT!:
    http://www.angryarray.com/Sites/Katana.html

5. bihaiko

bihaiko

6. Feral

Feral

Wow what an amazing bunch of games. Congratulations to everyone who managed to get their submissions in.

Here is my submission created just for this contest. I've been a programmer for several years but this is the first game I've ever made.

Runestones

A new take on the classic match 3 game. You are a wizard in training. Match 3 or more runestones of the same element to gain mana and advance levels. Use mana to cast spells.

Play game here: http://www.missouricraftschool.com/runestones.html

Good luck to everyone!

7. huxley

huxley

Our entry is called Urban Dead. Sort of an homage to the old Evac City tutorial. Custom made for the Flash Contest.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
  8. DanniFox

DanniFox

Our entry for the Flash in a Flash Contest.
    Everything made from scratch within the last two weeks. The mesh splitting was based of a tech demo I made a few months ago, but I had to rewrite that as well to make it work with flash and support animated models.

Play here - Gladiator Tailes
    Screenshots here.
    Game description here.

Looking forward to play all the other games in the weekend, but now it is time for sleep!

9. Vincent_soo

Vincent_soo

My entry for the flash contest, is also my 1st game

No Upgrade is a shoot em up which fully rewarded you in the beginning, and games goes by all the power up you pick will steal your weapon but will increase you survive ability. To survive or challenge your limited life with the full power weapon.

http://mrmons.com/unity/noupgrade/noupgrade.html

It since like unity 3.5 flash have block all the itween : (
    my enemy is not that intelligence

But still hope you guys like it : )

10. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

Wow alot of great entries just when I think I found my favorite game a new one pop ups.

11. khanstruct

khanstruct

Just in time! Starfall: Aphelion Squadron was literally built (from design to completion) in 1 week. These guys are amazing! There are still some bugs and balance issues that need to be worked out, but we hope you enjoy. Love to hear your feedback!

Website

Play Now!

12. ilson

ilson

My flash game: G03D (Zero gravity 3D)
    Link to play

Hard work since December 22nd :D
    I hope you have fun and please send your scores!

13. Vertexpusher

Vertexpusher

Some Screenshots for my entry. The title of of the game is Pigment Hunt. It was a very intense last two weeks, but worth it. I'm happy with the result.

Attached Files:

14. tra2002

tra2002

Here is the entry. Started on this Jan. 1st. This was a achievement for me since I am still a beginner at this. Used 1 directional light and colors to give a toon lighting effect without the extra cost of a toon shader.

Play Here

15. prince_meo

prince_meo

16. Quickfingers

Quickfingers

Covert is my entry to the contest. I started working on this a few days after the public beta became available and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. It is a top down, real time, stealth sneak em up.

17. Cameron_SM

Cameron_SM

Lots of first time posters in this thread, and lots of people doing their first ever solo game projects - most of it's top quality too. Really well done everyone.

18. voidward

voidward

Time for our last minute submission! This is Cat Dash: Cat Flash Edition. Released it as an iOS game in late November, spruced it up to run well on Unity Flash. It's a 3rd person runner with multiple characters and modes. Controls and UI have been redone/streamlined, and we also put in leaderboards.

AFAIK this is the first Unity Flash game to implement database driven leaderboards, my programmer / GF hates me right now since she had to frantically learn both Actionscript and C# over the last few days to get this working. <3s to her for getting it all up and <3s to UnityRalph for the AS3Communication project and support he provided which underpins it all.

catflash.kumacrafts.com

catflash.kumacrafts.com

19. Anxox

Anxox

Hey your link is not working.

20. Vertexpusher

Vertexpusher

Just submitted my entry. Just in time I hope... I finally have some time to go back and play some of the games above. Good luck to all the contestants. You can play Pigment Hunt at this link.

http://tomaszdzierza.com/games/pigmenthunt.html

21. d3gator

d3gator

22. Cullen

Cullen

Void

First completed project.. solo (which is not the most fun). Spent the last 4 days working on this, got a late start, didn't even know about the competition until then.. lol. I wanted to do some more, just ran out of time. I am pretty proud of the finished product, I had to figure out a lot (and I mean a lot) of workarounds for the flash deployment. All custom code, models, textures, you name it.

Void is a grid\turn-based strategy, where you place beacons that drill up from the ground around your opponent while trying to avoid his beacons. You have 10 minutes to trap your opponent in at least 3 lit beacons before he does the same to you. The AI is random and unpredictable, the fight might last 1 minute or end in a tie at 10.. you can never tell. He is a tricky bugger.

Use the arrow keys to move and mouse click to place beacons. You MUST MOVE before you can place your beacons.

Link to play

Images

23. spotlightor

spotlightor

Unity 3D Graphics combined with Flash augmented reality - here is my entry:

The creature comes from an ancient Chinese book called "Shan Hai Jing". The AR detection, live webcam video and GUI is done in flash. Flash preloads the unity content and controls the 3d graphics.

24. Talon_T

Talon_T

Here's my 3 day entry! (saw the new update and contest on tuesday) Helichopter Flight!

Also the GUI is not that great. I've always used EZGUI, or playmaker. since neither of them are working for flash right now I had to look up how to use unity's GUI stuff.
    The only thing I used from the original Helichopter was the flying, and the way point pointer.
    I couldn't even do the pickup/carrying stuff in this version as flash doesn't like you messing with the parents of hinge joints and such. I have an idea of how to fix that, but didn't have enough time to implement it.

File Link

WSAD to fly around, and R to restart a level

25. Noisecrime

Noisecrime

Well that was an intense 5 days of effort ....

Gesture Mage, use your drawing skills via the mouse to defeat the hordes of the undead!

Its a prototype of a game concept (started on the 1st Jan 2012) using gesture recognition to allow the player to cast spells by drawing symbols on screen. A real-time turn based battle system that see you fighting infinite waves of the skeleton undead.

Play Gesture Mage vs the undead horde here. or the Unity Version

At the start of each round you select the spell to cast (heal, shield, attack), then you are presented with a randomised sequence of symbols you must draw before they fade away to cast the spell. The more you get right the more powerful the spell cast.

Of course its not that easy, you have a limited amount of time to choose and cast a spell, time that gets shorter for each wave played and shorter the longer the number of rounds you play. Defeat will always get you in the end, the question is how many waves can you survive?

Submitted the game over an hour ago, but don't seem to have had any conformation? Notice a few others have said so as well in this thread. Just hope they got it.

Must say i'm impressed with the quality on show in this competition and i'd also like to thank those Unity developers whose models i've used and which can be found free on the Unity Asset Store. They are credited in the game on the credit page.

Obviously wish I had more time to work on it, so many ideas and intentions had to be dropped to make the deadline. Still the future is bright, first thing is to integrate Kinect and remove the need for a physical interaction via the mouse, that should be fun.

26. juliobds

juliobds

What was the image they where asking in the registration form? Does anyone know?

27. BrUnO-XaVIeR

BrUnO-XaVIeR

Well... The "submit" button is gone. Sorry for some friends who didnt make it.
    Congrats those who worked hard for this and good luck.

28. light766

light766

when will we know the winners?

29. jdelong

jdelong

Gonna be a long month of anxious waiting!

30. light766

light766

from seeing all the entrys here in the forum i feel like i have bit of a chance

31. d3gator

d3gator

It would be nice if somebody will notified participants that the application is successfully submited to Contest.

32. tripknotix

tripknotix

3D Future Ops 5 Online
    Online 44 Player First Person Shooter with optional 3rd Person View (press F to toggle).
    Invite someone to play to test the game out, or just fly around to get a feel for the controls.

For The competition, i'm only using the Mech, however it supports being a Soldier, a tank, or a jet. so expect that as a separate sequel to this game.

www.realdefinition.net/futureopsonline

You are piloting a Mobile Mech in the Air, you must shoot down your Enemies before they kill you.
    W and S Looking Up
    A and D Turn Left and Right
    Q and E Tilting
    Press Space for Turbo boost
    Do not leave the The Islands bounds, or you will be shot down by Enemy Ships

I'll post some screen shots and a video

33. TheAssassin

TheAssassin

34. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hey, did the Flash contest close a bit early? I tried to submit at 11:57pm!

Anyway, check out HyperBowl in Flash, at http://hyperbowl3d.com/ - click on "Play Flash" (and there's a "Play Unity" if you want to do a side-by-side comparison, although the Unity webplayer hasn't been updated for a few months)

Here's a quick summary of what I had to do to get it working (much of which has been reported here already by others):

Removed the mouse control and just use AWSD/arrow keys to bowl, since GetAxis wasn't returning good values for the mouse (at least on Mac)

Turned off shadows for performance (had to do that for each light since it didn't seem to respect the Quality setting)

Adjusted the fps display code since ToString won't take "f2" as an argument

Removed call to System.GC.Collect since the compiler doesn't recognize System.GC

Removed the M2H Localization package due to a duplicate-definition error in the resulting as file (maybe due to a big case statement in the cs script)

Closed off the San Francisco and Tokyo lanes due to a "null" error displayed onscreen at runtime - those lanes are the biggest so maybe I ran into a resource limit.

Removed all script calls that were setting large audiosource mindistances - that was causing loud distortion.

Had to add inner parentheses to an expression of the form "if ( transform.position.y<miny || transform.position.x<minx || ..." for it to return correct values.

Vertex-lit materials with emissive components weren't emitting - replaced them with unlit textures.

Replaced iTween.cs with the one tweaked for Unity Flash by David Reimer and used the Unityscript workarounds provided by others in the comments (uninlining hashtables, specifying whole vectors instead of components)

Changed all my deferred-lighting cameras to forward rendering path.

Removed all the image effects (I was getting an error in the Depth of Field effect but for expediency got rid of them all)

Remove calls to ExternalEval

Implement own OnMouseDown/Enter/Exit

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2012
  35. Noisecrime

Noisecrime

Might be shorter than that. This is on the competition page

36. TyrusPeace

TyrusPeace

Great work, guys! Cullen, I'm especially impressed with the clean look of Void.

Pile of Kittens http://stttutter.com/pileofkittens-contest/flash/PileOfKittens.html

The kinda flimsy Google Docs page didn't leave me feeling the most assured of it, but I'm pretty sure I successfully submitted this with a good twenty minutes to go :p.

You can herd kittens! Exciting! Get around obstacles and defeat deadly robots using your writhing mass of adorable kitten heads. The game ended up being shorter than I'd hoped for because I had to spend a lot of time on workarounds for the current state of Flash. That said, I'm really excited at having something that looks like this after 10 days of work.

You can see my dev log here: http://tyrus.tumblr.com/tagged/pileofkittens

37. Cameron_SM

Cameron_SM

After 10 very long days and very little sleep, I got it pretty close to finished.

Tail Drift is Retro Revolution meets Mario kart.

Although I've been up for about 40 hours stright right now and playing all of these other games I've no idea if this stands up, then again, simple things seem really good to me right now, like a flat colored cube, it doesn't need much understanding, it's nice to me, so simple yet so good, like a pillow, a shower.

Some more pics:

Sadly I had to cut heaps of stuff. Audio was a major rush job too and it shows, the flash audio bugs didn't help either. Spent way too much time fixing UV's and models ect, Then again this is the first time I've really modelled anything. My first complete 3D model was the corsair plane, kinda sticks out when you look closely. I have a background in traditional 2D art/media/design but 3D always seem too technical to be expressive/artistic, too much got in the way of getting the forms I wanted but I think I'm getting the hang of it now. I wanted to do other vehicles like a rocket powered zepplin and a UFO, you know, crazy stuff. I also had a sweet turbo/boost mechanic that for some unknown reason just stopped working in the flash export (the AI were using it fine, I couldn't and was getting left in the dust) so I had to cut it. Had to cut soooo much, aimed too high. Still, I'm happy with that as a 10 day solo project. Well, more like 15 days if you count the hours I didn't sleep!.

I also submitted a version without the Flash/Unity logo hot air balloons in case that was against the rules.

Let me know what you think (in my current state of mind it could be utter garbage, I can't tell).

Anyway, here is Tail Drift:

http://bit.ly/wKkLqf

Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
  38. keely

keely

Like Bruno said, it's kind of lame to start playing the jury if you're not in the jury, but I'd be amazed if you weren't in the top10.

39. sfc-itzhak

sfc-itzhak

Guess its time to show.

PACIFIC GUNNER

Pacific gunner is a first person Anti-Air shooter game that takes place in the pacific front of World War 2.
    It is your duty as the anti-air gunner to destroy in-coming enemy planes and prevent them from destroying your ship.

we made this in 3 days.

SCREENS:

LINK : PACIFIC GUNNER

SFC

40. Noisecrime

Noisecrime

Decided to make a quick video of Gesture Mage to show the gameplay.
    Shame it came out a bit dark, though I had a nightmare last few hours where the lightmapping broke and things arn't quite right. Still guess it shows the gesture recognition and spell casting off better.

41. Cameron_SM

Cameron_SM

Thanks Keenly, I loved your entry too, so pongient and crisp. I have a bit of a soft spot for games and designers that indulge the idea that it's a video game and it's ok to let the player see that.

42. Enradion

Enradion

wow, all of you did an amazing job, respect !

43. henry96

henry96

Half an hour ago, I still see the submit button. Now it's no longer there. Good luck, all entrants.

44. krides

krides

45. nekete

nekete

You really amaze me!. I have tried to make something but.. I didn't do it on time (but I learnt some things on the way ^_^)

Good luck! :)

46. keely

keely

I'm just a sucker for the retro because those are the games I grew up with. Not sure how the teenagers today feel about 2D games with big pixels. Might feel awkward to them.

47. keely

keely

This would make a brilliant game for the touch-devices. Maybe it's already made (?). Just leave out the (useless) 3D camera and polish like mad. You'll be rich :)

48. tomworcom

tomworcom

Good Luck to everyone! Amazing stuff.

Have to say Tail Drift is my favourite, I love the style, the controls, the concept, nice!

49. krides

krides

@keely
    The iOS version is on its way! :) the 3D camera is actually meant for accelerometer, and controls are quite different, but believe me when I say that it’s not useless)

Also, thank you for your kind comment! Check the AppStore in a couple of weeks ;-)

50. keely

keely

Makes sense. It felt wrong in the browser+mouse context.

edit: Here is one a bit similar. Maybe you can learn something from them.