Search Unity

Unity Flash Showtime!

Discussion in 'Flash' started by Wozik, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Demential

Demential

This is my entry

http://koumpadev.x10.mx/

I'd like to know your thoughts on it. thanks!

Shoot a sphere with the left mouse button, teleport where the sphere is with the e button, move with WASD....

Last edited: Jan 5, 2012
  2. Spoogeist

Spoogeist

Yeah, this was occurring on a test PC I tried it on and it really worried me (causing me to regret certain design choices, or thinking I didn't optimize enough). Glad to see you got it figured it, though. Also really glad you like it! After playing through it 400 times it's hard to know if people will or won't.

3. botumys

botumys

4. SpreadcampShay

SpreadcampShay

Green Men versus The Devil
    "Green Men versus The Devil" is a small game developed from scratch for the Flash in a Flash Competition. The game puts you in a world where the forces of evil have shattered Reality, and a unlikely hero has to restore balance to the world: A little green men armed with nothing but his UFO and a laser. A epic battle between the green men and the devil ensues...

It's basically just a small boss fight. There was much more planned to it, but time ran out on us before we could complete more ;) I hope you will enjoy it regardless, comments are welcome.

PLAY: Click here to play!

5. Jose_Gallardo

Jose_Gallardo

Hi all,

This is my entry for the contest... Plattform retro like game. Player can only move or jump. It is a 2.5D game (3d but only can move 2d). Collect nuts to repair broken console and activate machines. Avoid crazy robots to not die.

Let me apologize about still have some little bugs, but flash exporting it is more art than science. Unity did a great work with this exporter, but somethings are still really weird, specially with character controller.

You can play here:

http://code4art.com/FixieJoe/index.html

Some images

6. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

Prime time
    ########

A top down shooter, featuring the voice talents of John J Dick (the same voice actor who did Serious Sam). He was doing a $1 a word special a while ago.

WASD to move
    Left mouse button to fire lasers.
    Space bar to fire rockets.

You can get more rockets at the charge stations.

http://inanegames.ca/primeTimeFlash/primeTimeFlash.html

Attached Files:

7. pordox

pordox

PLANCK
    http://www.gamedesign.li/planck/planck.html

Finally, my game has a name and is playable - kind of x) so much stuff isn't in this version, like difficulty settings, saving the times, leaderboards, etc. but, ehm, it's time to submit ^^

Gameplay Video

Nice stuff in this thread btw.
    Now it's time for a reward - Cheers! ^^

Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
  8. keely

keely

Based on the stuff I've seen so far, you have a real good shot of winning. If there's one thing I would change is that you should make the game easier. I can't make it to the first curve.

9. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

We wont know for a whole month I wonder why it takes that long (longer than the actual contest).

10. se7en

se7en

1 man. 11 Days. Still no flash player version - 24hrs left...

http://www.hgrenade.com/rallyx_demo/unity/

The flash version is having some serious performance issues. I am going to try to create a very small arena tomorrow to submit since I don't have time to optimize this bigger scene. Has anyone tried out lightmaps yet? I am wondering if it will make a difference to turn off my 3 directional lights and just lightmap the scene. The UI is 2 draw calls so I know that isn't the problem. FYI I started this with the car tutorial and am using the wheel.cs scripts not the wheel colliders. The raycasting is most likely a big performance hit but it works really well. I am hesitant to tear it out with only 1 day left.

Awesome job so far everyone! I will play them all as soon as Jan 5th rolls by : )

Any feedback and help is more than welcome!

shay

11. pordox

pordox

Thx! Ye, it was probably a little bit too hard ;) I've updated the game, it's easier now.

12. RalphH

RalphH

Administrator

[edit]nevermind[/edit]

13. tomworcom

tomworcom

BitMonsterFlux!
    Collect PowerUps (Green Shields) and Weapon Upgrades (Orange Stars) and Destroy Mines (Red) and Skull Monsters (Blue Skulls).

S=Shoot
    Space=Jump
    Arrow Keys = Left Right

http://www.bitmonsterflux.com/

14. keely

keely

You should add instructions in the same page with the game too.

15. Alex Mat

Alex Mat

@se7en Your entry is unfortunately breaking one of the contest's rules, due to the Toyota Celica and logos ("Monster Energy" etc):

http://unity3d.com/unity/preview/contest-rules.html

16. drhouse

drhouse

Transparent style may be sacrificing gameplay, looks nice, but still way too hard and also can't get past first curve. Can't see enough of the tunnel to judge if you're passing out of it, plus there's no collisions so you just fly through into game over.

17. Paradoks

Paradoks

Hi all,

Here is my beta - as i didnt not have any feedback since the begining it would greatly apreciated.
    :/
    Run, Agis. Run!

thx

18. Democre

Democre

How much time would you say is fair to judge an entry? Does that include load times, and journaling thoughts?
    How many entries do you suppose they have to go through?
    Now a month doesn't look so bad, in fact it may be too short.

19. jeromemd

jeromemd

Hello,

I wanted to share my submission to the Flash in a Flash contest! Created from scratch, on and off, over the past week. Hope you like it and happy gliding :)

http://www.wemakedotcoms.com/glider/

The game is based on my site's landing page which was originally created in Flash using Away3D.

20. BrUnO-XaVIeR

BrUnO-XaVIeR

One month dont sound like much time to me.
    As well as Unity staff I was specting many more submissions than what is in here at the moment. But lets see what comes until the end of the day. Or maybe people are submiting projects but not posting screenies here, who knows.

21. keely

keely

This might sound harsh, but I think if you only need to pick top10 and not care about the rest, you can easily discard something like 80% of the entries just by looking at them for ten seconds. Usually the first screen that pops out tells you if the game has any chance of being on the top 20%.

22. Juntaou

Juntaou

I'm new to Unity and the forums but I'm going to agree with keely in the fact that I will guess that while every game will at least be played, they will probably know within the first few moments whether a game is in the op 10 or not. :p Also I would imagine that there are many more entries than have been posted here, maybe not, but if there really are 750,000 registered users I would at least think there would be more than 30 entries. Maybe not though. :D

23. pordox

pordox

Awesome, great stuff, i like the style ^^

The game is about not having colliders :p

24. Samb88

Samb88

25. Democre

Democre

Not harsh, but each still would need to load up. Or you can quick judge from screenshots, but that is less than fair. Or maybe that's why they also request a video of gameplay.
    Either way, yea one person could probably get through 60 max an hour with reasonable expectations of having the mind clear for judging on technical, creative, and original. If it's complete crap, it's still about 20 seconds to note to skip it.
    And I would hope that our entries are given more than a look at the screen shots and vid review.
    So, in your approach they go through all entries once, to make another list to go through again in more depth. And repeat until they all agree.
    We don't know the exact methodologies, and some may be faster but less fair culling. I still don't think a month is unreasonable, also given the fact that when the top 20 (top 10 and some standby) are picked, further due dilligence must be performed (eligibility, ensuring there is no unlicensed usage, etc..) some of which would definitely involve the speed of reply of the concerned developers.

26. jdelong

jdelong

Lost Marbles: http://www.binarytakeover.com/lostmarblesredux.html

Puzzle platformer where your goal is to get all your marbles to each level's end point. You'll need to use each marbles' abilities and attributes in tandem to reach your goal!

I wish my texture and water quality hadn't been so badly hit by Flash, but oh well what can you do.

I haven't actually entered yet, still trying to get at least one more level done before tonight. Fingers crossed!

Best of luck to everyone who enters!

27. medi

medi

Nega Kon is an Experimental Game with a rather clever idea - somewhere in each level is an object that you need to fix, so that you can collect a star before proceeding to the next stage. This object appears flat at first, but pressing the X key while viewing it from a specific angle will turn the object into a solid shape. Players can then utilize this new entity to grab the prize and finish the current level.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19812944/NegaKon.html

28. se7en

se7en

Thanks Alex - Good catch! I will redesign the paint scheme for my official FiaF entry since I have to do a much smaller track anyway.

29. Alex Mat

Alex Mat

You'll have to redesign the car too because its shape is copyrighted ( trade dress ) .

30. hjupter

hjupter

somebody knows how many hours left for the deadline of the contest?.. i know its a dumb question but i dont live in usa and im not sure how many hours its the difference with my country.. i live in panama here is 3:20pm

31. jdelong

jdelong

Your time is the same as mine. You have until 2:59 AM tomorrow (Friday) ~ 11 hours 30 minutes from now

32. keely

keely

You need to post a video too? Wasn't on the submission form

33. BrUnO-XaVIeR

BrUnO-XaVIeR

Some people here seems to try to assume a judge position, stating what is good, what is not.
    I think we all know the entries will be judged as what is a good showcase of what can be done within the flash plugin... Not what is a fine art piece and not what the community likes or not, so trying to hype or put down any of the entries just because it may not look professional or whatever is not up to anyone here but the judges themselves and hypes most likely will not affect their judgement by anyway, so I can't see where is the need for self entitlement to pre judge any of the entries;
    People should just stfu and let entrants submit what they want to. No one here is a judge on the contest.

34. pavlito

pavlito

35. akasurreal

akasurreal

Looking great. BTW, is that name as funny in Croatia as it is to my 12 year-old US mind? =)

36. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

Well as kelly says you can probably get to the top 10 fairly quickly. Then do a top 4 out of the 10 (the bottom 6 are "bronze"), then the only thing to do is rank top game out for top 4 (and make that the gold everything else is silver). You dont really need to even rank the bronzes or silvers since they are the same prize anyway (do you really care if you came in 3rd or 2nd).

1 gold
    3 silvers
    6 bronze.

37. pavlito

pavlito

"...considering the following overall criteria: (1) creativity and originality; and (2) quality and technical merit weighted as follows: ( (50%) creativity and originality; and (50 %) quality and technical merit. Application of the Judging Criteria to Game Entries shall be at the judges’ reasonable discretion and, as to matters of subjectivity, the judges' sole discretion...."

38. pavlito

pavlito

yes.. usually its the girls who laugh :)

39. Evil-Indie-Games

Evil-Indie-Games

40. Stalker.23b

Stalker.23b

The game simulates offroad motocross racing. The player must compete with AI opponents, perform tricks, win races, unlock new tracks and motorcycles.

This game never released in any form. It was totally made for this particular contest by me and my brother, based on our unfinished project.

Playable at http://unity.parnasmoto.ru/stalker/

Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  41. se7en

se7en

What are you a lawyer? ; ) this is just a demo of a game not something I am selling and in that respect it's called fair use. I just want to know if people enjoy playing it, not if they think the car is a Toyota or not : )

More great looking entries rolling in - this is awesome!

42. Alex Mat

Alex Mat

Do as you wish but rules are rules dude. I'm in the same boat as you, I had 12 pixel perfect car models ready for duty, but because of this I had to build a custom one.

43. Paradoks

Paradoks

Finaly !

I am going to submit right now.
    But before, let me introduce Agis.
    My best score was 6min33sec - who can beat me ?

Run, Agis. Run!

44. AprendaGames

AprendaGames

Here's my very first Unity game!

Play Math Critters

By the way, Stalker.23b, I know your plot. You posted your game knowing we'd spend our whole night playing it instead of finishing our games. It almost worked! :) Seriously though, great game!

45. Democre

Democre

no, I was mistaken, must have been the rules of another contest

46. Diego

Diego

Fred is back with a new host of painfult antics, awesome acrobatic/desperate moves, special items and uber-cool locations.

Take control of our hapless hero as he pursues his quest to remain among the living! Running Fred combines ludicrously natural controls and furiously paced action with the shameless buckets of gore praised on its prequel, making up a fantastic third person platformer unparalleled on mobile devices!

Main Features:

- Lots of acrobatic maneuvers
    - Dozens of perilous traps
    - Multiple game modes: Adventure, Challenge and our favourite Endless Survival!
    - Tons of special skills and perks
    - Pimp up your character with special outfits

Here are some screens:

Here is a video of the full version of the game:

Link to Running Fred homepage (pre-release)

Link to the Flash version of Running Fred Lite

47. Enradion

Enradion

48. petrucio

petrucio

Oh man, running Fred is so disturbingly fun, nice job!

49. Azzara

Azzara

This is our entry Piggy-Riders
    I just submitted it. Did you guys get any confirmation E-Mail after submitting your entries? I was expecting an automated reply or something.

50. PAX

PAX

Huh. Finally this week is over. Me and my buddy Greg had some idea based on the chess game. So we decided to implement it into contest. Holidays tried to mess all our plans but after all we are uploading our "game" this last hours. Finally we can sleep as much as we wish.
    - 3 types of army to controll: archers, infantry, mounted knights
    - 2 dices to bring some randomness to chess
    Tnx to guys from http://soundediting.ru for the background music. It fits great.

$promo1.jpg

http://chess-of-honour.shgames.ru/