Search Unity

Unity File-IO, a helper class for BinaryReader/BinaryWriter

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by DeathDev, May 31, 2016.

1. DeathDev

DeathDev

Disclaimer - This is my first time posting to this forum, if this post is in the wrong area please let me know.

Hello all!

Lately I've been working on a 3D level editor for a small project( gif ), however when I got around to saving I realized that it was becoming quite a pain to write out each value for Vector3s, Quaternions, and everything else involved. Due to this I made a small static helper class that should atleast ease the suffering of others who happen to be using BinaryReader/Writer.

The project can be found on GitHub, at:
    https://github.com/DeathGameDev/Unity-FileIO
    Some things I'd like opinions on are:
    • How can I lay things out better for the end-user?
    • Is there anything I should add?(Variable types, functions, etc)
    • Is there anything I should change?(Function names, variable names, etc)
    • Anything else that you deem necessary.(Needs to be relevant, though.)
    Thanks for reading, I thought it'd be useful to post this here and gain some feedback on it, along with save anyone who's working with BR/BW some time.

Thanks!

PS - I also created a small batch file for building a unity project to x32 and x64 exe's, would you guys be interested in something like that as well?

awesomedata likes this.
  2. awesomedata

awesomedata

I was looking for something exactly like this to save a little bit of time, so I really appreciate you sharing this!

I would also be interested in your .exe builder too. I think if you wouldn't mind sharing the advantages of it, I could see others being interested too! Regardless, I just wanted to say thanks for your contribution man! :)