Search Unity

Unity Fbx Exporter - Export Meshes, Skinned Meshes, Terrains and Textures

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by UnLogick, Oct 2, 2016.

1. UnLogick

UnLogick

Unity Fbx Exporter 1.6.1 is live on the asset store.
    Asset Store: Unity Fbx Exporter

Changes
    • Implemented an easy UI toggle for runtime exporting!
    • Cleaned up runtime dependencies.
    • Fixed a problem detecting Dark theme.
    • Unity 2018.4 minimum requirement because of asset store tools, I just verified that it works on 5.6. PM me if you need an older version.
    Enjoy!

2. UnLogick

UnLogick

Unity Fbx Exporter 1.6.2 is live on the asset store.
    Asset Store: Unity Fbx Exporter

Changes
    • Fixed a serious native hard crash bug on certain meshes missing the "Read/Write Enabled" flag
      - Thank you to @lee3 for reporting the bug and providing repro steps!
    Enjoy!

3. cloverstudio

cloverstudio

Hello
    Is it not supported to export tangents with 1.6.2?

4. UnLogick

UnLogick

That is correct, it doesn't export tangents. The initial first try got foiled probably due to coordinate space differences (left hand vs right hand). This is the first request for it as far as I remember. I'm willing to add it for completeness but as usual I need someone provides a well behaved fbx file with proper tangents so that I can validate my export.

Edit: I'll need both a skinned mesh (rigged mesh) and an unskinned mesh with tangents.

5. Webmay-SG

Webmay-SG

hello
    I bought the plugin to succeed in exporting my drawing with the texture but when I export it it gives nothing, I however select the textured drawing with click on export simple in fbx .because I have the fbx file and the texture dissociated and I wanted to be able to do it by exporting it from unity as the software allows. I give you 2 files on the zipfile, if you tested it.
    Untty 2021.3.6.
    thank you for your help, best regards

Attached Files:

6. UnLogick

UnLogick

Hi @Syl20-G
    I'm not sure exactly what the problem is.

This is what I did:
    • I import the fbx file into unity, create a material with the texture and apply it, it looks fine.
    • I select that and export it I get an fbx file and three textures, the desired diffuse map, a normal map (neutral) and a specular map (blank).
    • I import this back into Unity, the material picks up the textures automatically and it looks fine.
    How did you draw the texture on the object?
    Are you using a SRP?

7. chrpetry

chrpetry

Hello,

I'm getting now more and more issues about vcredist 2010 not being installed on users PCs.
    It seems the "UnityFbxExporter_x86_64_v16.dll" does have some kind of dependency towards vcredist 2010.
    An Exception gets thrown in case users can't load the dll.
    With this it is very hard to ship to users without admin rights and getting them to install vcredist 2010.

Can you please look into this?

8. freehyan

freehyan

hello, UnLogick. There are two problems with your plug-in.
    The first problem is that the bindpose for generating FBX is incorrect. Please tell me how to write bindPose correctly, Thanks!!!
    The second problem is that the DLL library for the plug-in is not open source, so we cannot modify the problem.

9. Random_Dev78

Random_Dev78

FBX Exporter is not working. The only odd thing is I can continuously reimport the DLLs.
    It says they have changed, but even if I re-import it, they don’t import correctly.

I purchased your exporter on Unity. It seems very temperamental when it wants to work and how.
    For example, in a 19.4 URP build, it exports meshes but no textures at all.

In anything above 19.4, it doesn’t even work. The menu under Windows doesn’t even show up. So 20 and 21 simply can’t even open.

In 18.4, it does this.

I even tried renaming the DLL folder. It clearly imported DLLs and made a new folder.
    But it still doesn’t work and still says they have changed or are different.

Please advise on how I could fix this.

I have literally tried every single version of Unity and have failed every time to get this to work right with any assets.
    All have been tried on clean builds and with multiple assets to verify it’s not a conflict or just the asset.

Also, do you happen to have a Discord or anything like that?

10. pcreation

pcreation

I’m trying to export a skinned character pose from Unity v2022.3.7f1 using the Export To FBX v4.2.1 tool. But when I click Export nothing happens. I tried it on non-skinned objects and it seems to work fine. Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong?