Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Unity Fbx Exporter - Export Meshes, Skinned Meshes, Terrains and Textures

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by UnLogick, Oct 2, 2016.

1. SIT_XR

SIT_XR

Hello,

i got a big problem with this asset. I tried many configurations and spent a few hours to get an result, but everytime i exported an fbx at runtime it doesnt work. But with "Window | Fbx Exporter" it works. So i tested a little bit and it seems to be a problem that the gameobject i want to export, is created at runtime. Because, when i take it at runtime and drag it into the assets, so i get a prefab. I can convert the prefab at runtime. But when i try to generate my gameobject (with many child rect gameobjects and textures) its always an 4 kb empty fbx file.

2. UnLogick

UnLogick

Thanks for the bug report, I will investigate in the weekend.

Zarbuz likes this.
  3. UnLogick

UnLogick

That sounds very weird, there is no difference between runtime game objects and edit time game objects. The fact that it works with exactly the same game object made into a prefab is baffling. When you say runtime, do you mean runtime in the editor or a standalone build?

Also what version of Unity are you using?

4. UnLogick

UnLogick

I forgot to say that I will obviously retest with latest version and dynamically created content, however that pretty much describes the UMA character customization which I've tested recently. So if you can provide a repro project that would be very helpful.

5. SIT_XR

SIT_XR

Hi,
    i cannot upload my project because of security policies. Can i call you and share my screen with you, so i can describe the process. I think this would be the fastest way. Maybe in discord?

6. UnLogick

UnLogick

That would work, however with two small kids at home we'll have to book the time slot with some flex built in. What time zone are you in? Usually evening hours like 9-11pm CET would be easiest, but we can try other hours as well.

7. SIT_XR

SIT_XR

Hi it would be nice to call at 9 pm :)
    my Timezone is CEST, (Berlin)
    I send you an pm with my discord name :)

8. natsims

natsims

Dear Mr Unlogick, I'm a big fan of your work and was excited to try out your FBX Exporter. But despite reading the whole description, I completely missed that it is Windows only. (In fact I didn't realize there were any Unity plugins that weren't cross-platform, but that's my fault too.)

I usually do have a Windows box but it is at my fellow "more senior" :p dev's house while we shelter in place; I have just my Mac. Would you take mercy on me and refund me? And I guess, do you think you'll ever write a version for MacOS? Thank you!

9. UnLogick

UnLogick

Just pm me your invoice number and I'll get you a refund. I had plans to write a MacOS version, but right now it's far down on the list.

10. draverik

draverik

Hello,

I will be waiting for news about texture exporting and scale fix :)

Thanks!

11. UnLogick

UnLogick

I just verified that texture exporting works correctly in 2019.4.
    I also verified that the scene objects are scaled as expected in 2019.4.

Please send a pm with a repro case, a simple project with the source scene and list of steps to reproduce the problem. Once I have that I'm confident I can figure out what is causing the incorrect scaling you're experiencing.

12. draverik

draverik

Hello,

We have problems with texture exporting and now we don't need this asset anymore - can you please make a refund?

13. UnLogick

UnLogick

Sure, just pm me your invoice number

14. CathyR

CathyR

Hi,
    just bought this package
    I am getting error
    Copying assembly from 'Temp/Unity.Timeline.Editor.dll' to 'Library/ScriptAssemblies/Unity.Timeline.Editor.dll' failed
    how do I solve this?
    thanks

15. UnLogick

UnLogick

That error is completely unrelated to the fbx exporter. There is no script in the fbx exporter that uses Timeline at all. These kinds of Unity errors pops up once in a while at random, usually a restart takes care of it, sometimes you need to delete the temp folder or even the library folder (before you start unity again).

unityunity