Search Unity

Unity Facebook intergration

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by YorickVanVliet, Nov 16, 2011.

1. YorickVanVliet

YorickVanVliet

Hi,

Paladin Studios has just released a blogposts about integrating Facebook with Unity. Its the first of a three part tutorial that will teach you how to connect your Unity game with Facebook. It also explains how to create highscores for your game, as well as some basic security measurements.

Check it out here!

Feel free to leave any questions, feedback or comments in the reply box at the blogpost, or in this thread.

Kind regards,
    Tijmen van den Heuvel
    Developer @ Paladin Studios

Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
  2. yuriythebest

yuriythebest

Congtatulations! I already have the Prime31 facebook thingy but this should be of great use to the community!

btw should be either " released thee a blogpost" or just "released a blogpost"

3. ROCFriesePoort

ROCFriesePoort

Thanks! Can't wait to implement our games in Facebook.

4. YorickVanVliet

YorickVanVliet

At Paladin we use Prime31's plugins to great success, however they are for iOS and Android only. This tutorial teaches how to connect your web-game.

And thanks, fixed the obvious typo :)

Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
  5. pixpusher

pixpusher

Nice! Bookmarked the site. Now I only need to find time to revive my long neglected project and put this awesome info into good use.
    Keep it up, will be following this closely :D

6. YorickVanVliet

YorickVanVliet

Part 2 has just been released, check it out here! In this part we'll explain how to create and use a highscores webservice, and display a facebook profile picture.

Thank you for reading, and the kind feedback :)

7. SimonAlkemade

SimonAlkemade

Thank you for this I will run through the tutorial tomorrow :)

8. YorickVanVliet

YorickVanVliet

9. immFX

immFX

Professional work you guys, congrats!

10. Bdzsana

Bdzsana

Hi!

I have a question about integrating of unity in facebook. We make a fb game. But there is a problem with its render layer.
    IE: All the fb popups (like sharing) and for example notification are rendered behind the game.
    Google Chrome: The fb popups are rendered properly over the game. But the notifications part is still behind the game.
    Firefox: Everything works fine.

(sorry for deforming the game, but it isnt public yet)

On the first shot u can see the share popup is behind the game. The second show the problem of the notifications.

Do u know how can I fix it?

11. YorickVanVliet

YorickVanVliet

Thats a problem with transparency, and sadly there is no real good cross-browser way to get around it. There's several other people having the same issues.

For now, if possible, you can hide your game (by setting the element outside the screen e.g. style.left='-10000px'; ) whenever you want to show anything. Perhaps in the future when you can export your unity game as flash it will be possible, since that does support transparency and HTML on top of flash.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2011
  12. deiva

deiva

When i implement the score API in iOS build the game crashed But in android it works. Any solution for it.
    I'm not using Prime 31 by self i did. For IOS we should any thing setting changes in editor or in build.

13. Bertlapp

Bertlapp

Hey Deiva,

Have you been able to login for IOS with the new read and publish permissions using the Facebook SDK 7.4.0 ?
    Since I have this "ask for publish permission" window problem when I build for IOS but not for Android.
    See my post http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/facebook-login-permissions-for-ios-in-unity.418300/

The window asking for publish permission approval simply doesn't show.
    Therefore I can not test the score API on IOS. Because I need this publish_actions permission to do so.