Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity.exe bad image

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Torbinator, Oct 19, 2017.

1. Torbinator

Torbinator

Updated to Windows 10 Fall creators update and just started getting the error

Unity.exe Bad image C:WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSVCP120.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an errer. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status 0xc000012f

Looked it up on the web with no luck. Anyone else had this and know how to fix it? Capture.PNG Capture.PNG

2. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

MSVCP120.dll is a part of the Visual C++ redistributable runtime package. You should be able to get the installer from Microsoft's site, but I don't know what version of Visual Studio that Unity is made with. I would expect though that if you were to reinstall Unity that as part of the install it would also install the correct version of the vc++ runtime, so that's the first thing I would try.

Torbinator likes this.
  3. Torbinator

Torbinator

Sorry for the late reply, but this worked!! Thanks :) Now if only I can fix paint.net, after the update it has the same exact error but it wasnt fixed by that. But oh well, that is for a whole different forums. Thanks again for the help :)

Joe-Censored likes this.