Search Unity

Unity error

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Muzzn, May 18, 2011.

1. Muzzn

Muzzn

I've got a huge problem at the moment with Unity. Every time I try to open a .unitypackage file, it says 'Fatal error! Unable to open database file' and then quits. What can I do to avoid this?

2. andeeeee

andeeeee

Are you using the latest version of Unity? There are entries in the bug database for this problem but only for previous versions. If you are indeed getting the error with the latest version then please can you file a bug report (menu: Help > Report A Bug). It would be very helpful if you could attach the troublesome package file to the report when you send it.

3. Muzzn

Muzzn

OK, I'll send the bug report now. However, it's every single .unitypackage file! I can't open stuff from the asset store, or anything. And I'm using Unity 3.3.

Edit: Sent.

Last edited: May 19, 2011
  4. Muzzn

Muzzn

Now it doesn't start at all, so I'm going to revert to 3.1, which I know works. I'll just go look for a link.

5. Muzzn

Muzzn

It doesn't work with 3.1 either! Wow, I must have messed something up big time...without noticing. Hmmm, will have to think of a solution.

6. Muzzn

Muzzn

Nope,not working.

Last edited: May 21, 2011
  7. Muzzn

Muzzn

Same problem has returned...any ideas anyone?

8. waqas246

waqas246

I get the same, 'fatal error - database or disk is full' and it quits

9. Muzzn

Muzzn

Bump. I really need a solution to this...I can't do anything on my current project with this bug.

10. Thomas-Pasieka

Thomas-Pasieka

Even if it really is a "Unity" bug, you can't expect a bugfix within a day or two. It will likely be rolled out in a hotfix or next update so please be patient.

11. Muzzn

Muzzn

OK, I just thought that there might be something wrong with my set-up that was causing it.

12. freen

freen

FWIW, I am having the same issue.

13. HashbangGames

HashbangGames

i am having the same exact issue.. and it surfaced recently within my project, i can no longer import anything into my project.
    I am using Unity 3.4.2 .. have not upgraded to 3.5 yet.. maybe i'll give that a go.

14. HashbangGames

HashbangGames

Okay, so i have some hope for anyone whom is having this issue.
    I was trying to update NGUI a package i purchased from the asset store, NGUI has some pretty cool integrated functionality with the editor. I had a bunch of panels open and docked onto my editor panels.

I went to Windows -- > Layouts --> Tall , switching my layout so that NGUI panels were no longer in my editor. Then went back to the asset store and the error went away.

So try that and see if it helps your issue. Lucky for me, i figured it out fairly quickly.. This might not be the issue for everyone.. but at least it is something to try.