Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.1 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity error occurred while creating an archive. error code: file read failed

Discussion in '2019.1 Beta' started by douglassophies, Feb 21, 2019.

1. douglassophies

douglassophies

I get the error as per title when trying to make a bug report. I noticed the crash files path default was wrong as they now go to a folder. Fixed it manually but still get this error. Any idea how to fix?

2. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Which version of 2019.1 are you using?

3. douglassophies

douglassophies

I was on 3 but i updated to 4 and tried again - seems to be uploading now.

LeonhardP likes this.
  4. jjxtra

jjxtra

I am unable to submit bug reports with latest Unity 2019.1, I get file read error at 2% submission.

OfficialHermie likes this.
  5. Raeion

Raeion

Same here I'm getting crashes when I compile a code then clicking anywhere inside unity or hiding the play button. then the Unity Bug Reporter refuses to send as it keeps saying invalid filename. I removed and re linked the folder and still the same issue. can't even report a bug :(((
    used both Unity 2019.1.0f2 and 2019.1.1f1

6. SoxwareInteractive

SoxwareInteractive

I've tried to upload a bug report in Unity 2019.1.1f1 today and am also getting the "Unity error occurred while creating an archive. error code: file read failed" error. I've removed all files from the bug report and created a *.zip of the project by hand and attached that. That worked.

7. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Thanks for the report! The team is looking into these issues with the bug reporter.

Could you please submit a bug report without attachments for this issue and upload the project to a separate online repository? If you don't have a space to upload the project to, the QA team member that will handle your case can supply you with one. Just ask for it in the bug report.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019 at 10:04 AM