Search Unity

Unity Error Installing Visual Studio (Error code 1)

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by jacob22bishop, Nov 12, 2018.

1. jacob22bishop

jacob22bishop

Firstly apologies if already asked and if it's a basic answer but the error is on the picture attached, Error Installing VisualStudio (Error Code 1). Looked on the answer banks and couldn't find anything relating to error code 1. Just getting into game dev. Any ideas on how to fix?

Thanks in advance

Attached Files:

2. WrenMikita

WrenMikita

Hello Jacob.

Within Visual Studio, I essentially went to the 'Tools' menu, went to 'Get Tools and Features', then in the tab that says 'Workloads', I scrolled down to the header 'Mobile & Gaming' and added 'Game Development with Unity', and then executed the Unity Installer once again. This cleared this issue up for me and allowed me to move beyond this error message. Let me know if that helps.

3. ayudhuzumaki

ayudhuzumaki

you are absolutely correct there is just a small other thing that can happen, you see this error occurs if when checked old files are found that are not properly compatible and so that yes makes it compatible but another thing that causes it too is if the old visual studio is not updated and so if updated and the unity thing checked and installed it should not cause the error, at least that's what i figured out. tell me if it helps

Xeno820 likes this.